Best Guzzi Service Shop in the Los Angeles/Orange County Area?

Kane

Hello, as a proud new owner of a 2001 V11 Sport I am wondering whom you recommend as a solid service shop in the Los Angeles/Orange County area? From what I see there are three in this general area: Moto Guzzi Classics in Long Beach, OC Motorcycle in Costa Mesa, and Pro Italia in Glendale. The distance to any of these three is about the same from where I am in La Habra. The bike seems to run fine, and I plan on taking care of the bike myself, but I would like to have a Guzzi mechanic give it a look and go through it initially. I appreciate any recommendations!

Hope everyone is well!

Thanks!

Sean Fader is the best mechanic in SoCal. He had his own shop, RTL Moto.. but I *think* he's been hired by O.C. If so, there's your guy. Tell him I sent you. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

But also, Mark Etheridge at Moto Guzzi Classics is a classic himself.. a real genuine guy.

Absolutely. Sean used to work for him, and did the "modern" stuff. Josh works for him, now, and is a good mechanic but doesn't do computer either. I've talked to him about how easy it is, there are fewer and fewer bikes to work on when you don't work on computer bikes, but he's not interested. :huh2:

He's an old timey motorcycle mechanic with an old timey motorcycle shop.. and a *really* good guy.

28200526685_43631b72dc_k.jpg2016-07-09_01-37-14 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

3 hours ago, bbolesaz said:

Always leery of the "messy shop" guys.

You know what? So am I. I'm an airplane mechanic, and have a place for every thing and everything in it's place. Just the same, believe it or not, Mark knows what he has and *where it is.*

Back in happier times when he was still more affluent, he had an annual Christmas party for Guzzisti. Food, beer, etc. Lots of it. I cleaned and organized for *days* to make the place look ship shape for the party one year. He told me after that it took him months to find everything again.:grin:

Ask him anything. If he has it, he'll rummage around in a pile and bring it out. In the above picture, he's on the phone, no doubt telling someone how to fix their Guzzi for free. Salt of the earth, and totally honest. Really, a treasure to the antique Guzzi community.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pete roper said:

As Chuck says, Mark is a top bloke but the last two times I've visited I sorted a Griso and a Cali EV with fueling issues because he just refused to countenance working on FI. (Shrug?) He is what he is.

pete

Right. When Commie Nick died, he asked me if I would bring my tools and fix a Daytona engine for him when I came out. Nick had talked him into pulling the engine, sending it out to be rebuilt, and all they would have to do is put it back in. He did that, and it was out of time. :o

He said that was the last time he was working on a "modern" bike.