Moto Guzzi Fairing

want2ride

This was included in a trade of a bike and some parts.  With some investigation, I believe, it fits a Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans, Scura and perhaps some others.  It is really nice shape and will make someone a nice addition to that Italian bike.  See this thread for more info: https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19865-fairing-options/

I don’t have any mounting brackets and I’m unsure if they are required since there doesn’t seem to be holes for that purpose.  It has this part number in the plexiglass: MG 01.57.75.80.

If interested, I can send more pictures or information.

$40 and any shipping required.  This is located in Oregon USA.

FairingSideShrunk.jpg

I'll take it, PM sent.

jessebenson(at)mac(dot)com

Only some pretty obscure stuff but nothing for Moto Guzzi.  We have 8 bikes, and I work on all of them.  For example know anyone that needs a fuel tank for 2011 Ducati Diavel or rear wheel for 1979 Honda CBX?  When bought the CBX 5 years ago this fairing was included and thought to fit it, but it didn't.

Once had 1997 Moto Guzzi 1100 sport and used to have some stuff for that, but now I only have fond memories and a painting of that bike left...

The fairing looks very much Coppa Italia, but without the additional green stripe. Mounting hardware for that edition may be correct. Two bolts to the headlight sides and two brackets from the top windshield fasteners to the top triple clamps, typically.

Gonna look sharp on JBBenson’s ‘01 Sport!

moto-guzzi-v11-coppa-italia-9.jpg

FairingSideShrunk.jpg

Well, nuts. In a fitful night's sleep it occurred to me that the Coppa and Ballabio have that "stand off" light/instrument mount and their fairing mounting likely won't work on the Sport with fork-mounted light/instruments.

Looking forward to see what JBBenson comes up with!

Well, it's not a Scura fairing, for sure, but not a Coppa either. If the headlight diameter is correct, it can possibly be used depending on just where the mount holes are.

The mount holes appear to be in the correct position for a Ballabio. The left-right adjustment screw relief hole as well. It appears to have 5 windshield mount screws, which is consistent with a Ballabio. Also depends on the original color. If it was red and the silver sprayed over, it might just from a Ballabio. If it was silver and the red sprayed over, well all bets are off. As to the frame mount used on the Ballabio, MG went to an awful lot of trouble to design and cast up/machine the rather massive frame mount, which also holds the signals. But that mount, by itself, was deemed to be insufficient, as a V-shaped tubular mount extends from that cast mount up to the center windshield screw on each side, to steady the top of the screen. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, the earlier Sport used a pair of brackets from the top triple pinch bolt to the upper outside windshield bolts. Not sure how they might line up on this fairing, but pretty easy to fab something up. There are some good images on a thread here if I can find it.

1 hour ago, docc said:

Yeah, the earlier Sport used a pair of brackets from the top triple pinch bolt to the upper outside windshield bolts. Not sure how they might line up on this fairing, but pretty easy to fab something up. There are some good images on a thread here if I can find it.

Not that it would directly help, but if you need pics of the Ballabio setup, let me know.

I have been looking for an original V11 Sport-Type fairing for a while, excited I finally have one in good condition.

If any of you have a clear photo of your brackets holding the fairing (of any V11 model other than the LeMans) I would appreciate it.

AF1 Racing can get the brackets, part #'s GU01578640 and GU01577540 but I would like to see how they actually fit. Otherwise, I can always find some cool stainless turnbuckles or something to give some support.

Guzzis have come both with fork-mounted and frame mounted fairings. Since Guzzi has long had a wind tunnel, and since there were some claims of high-speed instability on the early (short) V11s, one prospect may be that they removed the fairing's influence upon the steering and mounted it to the frame so that any force produced by the fairing would be fed to the frame rather than the steering. Just a guess.

Pretty sure I can come up with images of the early mount set-up in a few hours... 

I looked for that other thread where a member bought a Stucchi, but received two left (or right) side mounts and had to figure it out. No luck finding that thread, so far...