Moto Guzzi Fairing

want2ride

Early Sport mount for Stucchi that indexes on the uppermost windshield bolts (no separate hole through the faring).

[This image was for another purpose, but shows some blurry detail of the configuration of the bracket.]

IMG_2162.JPG.jpeg

Squint, and you can see how the bracket has a "socket" shape to connect to the triple, and a flat at the tip to fasten to the backside of the windshield bolts:

IMG_4388.jpg

IMG_3544.JPG

Chucks Scura pic is helpful, can really see how the thing connects. I couldn't imagine it until I saw it. So, requires longer pinch bolts.

Docc's photo is also good, seeing how the top flanges bolt to the existing windshield holes. Hmm.

Docc, how long are the brackets actually? The reach between the "tube" and the "flange"?

I guess I need to get the thing here to have a look-see....

The length of the mounting socket to the triple pinch bolt is ~30mm. Length of the rod to the bend: ~60mm. Bend "looks to be" about, ummm, close to 25º. From the bend to the flat fairing mount plate ~25mm.

(Again, these are the factory accessory pieces for the original, early Sport Stucchi-made (fiberglass) Guzzi accessory flyscreen. No one is really sure what you are getting but these should provide a good prototype for your mounts to your 2001 Sport with fork mounted headlight/instruments without drilling an extra hole in your new prize!)

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

Images hosted on imgzeit :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

It arrived. It seems like a Coppa fairing. There are decal artifacts that indicate it had another decal looping under the red one..... Also, the silver paint looks original, the same shade as my '00 Sport.

The part number MG 01.57.75.80 doesn't turn up anything, but since OEM parts generally start with "GU", it may be a Stucchi. It is ABS or some kind of thick plastic, not fiberglass.

In any case, the headlight opening looks a little small for my Sport and its chrome headlight bezel, but I have to do a proper test fit.

I am busy sorting my nearly-new Stelvio, so I'll get to it later......:mg:

• Like 3