Touring on a V11 Sport

Kane

6 hours ago, Kane said:

Sweeeeet!

It looks like you’ve got a bit of a rise on the bars?

I think I could ride that outfit to Alaska!

It’s all Guzzi gear? Are these pieces, the flyscreen, rack, and bags, still available from Moto Guzzi? 

Btw, I went to the Guzzi site to look at accessories, and they don’t have a page for accessories on their site. Instead you request a link by email to download a file of their accessory catalog. I got the link, but the download freezes. Bummer. I would love to see what the factory has to offer for outfitting a V11. I guess I need to go to a local dealer.

If you're referring to my Greenie.  The bags are aftermarket Hepco Becker JR.  They offered in two sizes that will fit the mounts.  The questions is whether you can locate the mounts?  Try Moto Machines, they're the US importer and can get anything that's available.  https://www.motomachines.com/

My bike has a handlebar conversion by previous owner, the bars give great leverage when cornering but not as comfy as the OEM clip ons.  I am stretched and arms into the wind but it works OK.  It might contribute to my weave issue.

Realy, a flyscreen and bags are about all you need to tour.  The only mod you might make to the bike are Buell pegs to give a little more leg room.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, LowRyter said:

....Try Moto Machines......The only mod you might make to the bike are Buell pegs to give a little more leg room.  

Thanks for the info on Moto Machines.

Buell pegs. These are just stock pegs for a Buell? Any particular model Buell to fit on a V11?

I’ve seen these mentioned before for other bikes. It looks like they’re “L” shaped or have a jog to them that puts the foot lower and back a bit? Any issues for cornering clearance?  I can see the benefit of dropping the foot and relaxing the knee joint a bit, also perhaps changing the shift and rear break feel? Is it just a straight retrofit, or do I need to rework or mod anything?  Easy to go back to the stock Guzzi pegs if I prefer them over the Buell pegs?

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Mikko said:

....I promptly removed it because that’s not the kind of rack I’m into....;)

Well, there are racks, and then there are racks! :grin:

I like ‘em all.

back to the bike: good to know that there are options available. This will be a fun project getting the V11 tailored to my needs.

Cheers!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kane said:

Well, there are racks, and then there are racks! :grin:

I like ‘em all.

back to the bike: good to know that there are options available. This will be a fun project getting the V11 tailored to my needs.

Cheers!

Shouldn't take more than 113,000 miles . . . ;)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kane said:

I’m looking forward to that!

Touring destination goal::mg::bike::D

S'xteenth South'n SpineRaid

Tellico Plains,Tennessee

Weekend after US Labor Day

Get there. Bring tools.

:race::luigi:   :drink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s something to look forward to. A tour through the southland would be a lot of fun. The south is one part of the country that I have not had the pleasure of seeing much of. Yet I have always felt a deep affinity for the music and the food! A lot of soul in both.

• Like 2

I live in La Habra Heights, next to Whittier, south-east L.A. County. I go out to Santa Monica often for work and to visit my daughter. Give me a shout when you’re in town!

Cheers!

20 hours ago, Kane said:

I live in La Habra Heights, next to Whittier, south-east L.A. County. I go out to Santa Monica often for work and to visit my daughter. Give me a shout when you’re in town!

Cheers!

Will do.

I have the SW Motech tailbag which works nicely on the seat cowl:

xtqB57g.jpg

Jaxdevu.jpg

• Like 1