Paint code needed

ronkom

Re/2003 V11 Sport naked, deep metallic maroon tank, charcoal metallic front fender & passenger seat cover, medium grey tail piece & side covers.  I got no response to my query re/the medium grey color that is messed up on this bike (don't have any idea what the PO was trying to do). Meantime I've taken the bike to my painter & he says he can paint the medium grey parts the same charcoal metallic color as the front fender & PS cover. He says he can have a match done by the computer at the paint store, but a paint code from Guzzi would be better. Anybody have one, or, know who else I can ask?

Thanks,

Motresyklman 

I can answer this(and you'll probably not like the answer). You'll have to go to a bodyshop or custom painter. I needed the red for my 02. There was 1 place in the US that had touchup and paint for Guzzis. And for v11s they had I think tenni green, guzzi red, and some of the flat silvers and greys. Not my red. Called Guzzi America/Piaggio in NYC. They had nothing. No color code, nada. It was if Aprilia bleached everything in the change to Piaggio or something. 

A good custom painter or bodyshop will be able to match it perfect since paint color can change with sun exposer and time. I used Colorzone in Huntington Beach, CA. Send him a sample part with the paint color and he will make it. 

• 2 weeks later...