Guzzi with V8 Tatra Engine

biesel

A lot of torque to feed through that MG trans. But - finally! A Guzzi with an accessible oil filter! I see that the flyscreen really is a screen. The wiring...well.

I find it reminiscent of this homebuilt V8.

I almost bought a Tatra 603 when I lived in Germany. But the export became problematic, as the older Tatras were considered "cultural artifacts". The country was being looted after the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Air cooled 3.5L V-8, with an interesting temperature controlled vacuum actuated system of vanes to direct air for cooling as needed. Also an insane Rube-Goldberg linkage from column shifter all the way back to the transmission at the back.

Eerily quiet at speed, as all the engine noise disappears in the slipstream and all you really hear is mild wind noise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

The discussion in German makes this seem all so sensible! The only thing I understood was, "Burble-burble-burble- VARRRROOOOOM!" :grin:

4 hours ago, docc said:

The discussion in German makes this seem all so sensible! The only thing I understood was, "Burble-burble-burble- VARRRROOOOOM!" :grin:

The first video docc has subtitles. I hate to say it but it's rather neat and well thought out and engineered. Not made to negotiate corners of course but then neither is a Harley.

Ciao

• Like 3