Odometer/Speedometer diagnostics.....

leroysch

IMG_20191025_115307503_HDR.jpg

...performed.  I think this cable needs to be a tad longer if the speedometer/odometer  is expected to function. 15,300 miles. Considered going the Speedhut route, but decided to replace the "odometer cable 01760492". The break was up near the instrument panel. Are their any consumables I need to worry about at the other end at the "odometer gear 01762560" interface?

There is a small washer that slips over the drive cable. Other than that, I am mot aware of anything else to beware of. Bought a spare for my '04 as soon as I could find one. Possibly the worst cable design ever. Same guy must have designed the shift detent spring. Cousin's company made them or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anybody tell me if this is the ITI speedometer even though it has Dur on it? Searched the site and can't find anything "Dur" related to gauges. Its on an 04 Ballabio

04 ballabio speedo.jpg2.jpg

Both the Veglia and ITI guages were made with these self lubricating plastic and metal gears which it was a matter of time they kerplunked.  Then to serve us better Aprilia owned Moto Guzzi made them hard to get replacements. Oh, and they were inaccurate from the factory. Lol 

Speedhut makes both a tach and gps speedo. Not made for Guzzis but coincidentally can be fitted and used. Scud had them. They even match close to the Viglia or ITI dials. A lag on the speedo but works.

Moral to my Hooplah: Just get Speedhuts. Don't waste your time getting replacement parts if you can't get it to work. I have a set just waiting for when my clocks self destruct. 

• Like 2

+1 on Speedhut. They'll make the faces however you like. I spent some weeks, and some $$, getting them "just-so." I just could not not go for a fourth wagging, dimly lit Veglia speedo . . .

IMG_1952.JPG.jpeg

Not sure speedhut  stores designs, but you can copy & paste my images on imgzeit to share with them. I really love the way they turned out!

I just could not spring for a fourth Veglia speedo. Or a third Veglia tach . . . . :huh:

Weatherproofing the Speedhuts, and installation, is a challenge, though . . . so far, so good . . .

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:44 AM, docc said:

+1 on Speedhut. They'll make the faces however you like. I spent some weeks, and some $$, getting them "just-so." I just could not not go for a fourth wagging, dimly lit Veglia speedo . . .

IMG_1952.JPG.jpeg

Yup those are pretty.

Well done 

Ciao

• Thanks 1