Eccentric pin

Bastiaan Sponton

View days ago I had problems with shifting to third and fourth gear. I took the pre selector cover off the gearbox and found the eccentric pin on the bottom of the gearbox. How did it come off? I put it back in the hole. Its really tight, you have to use a hamer. I am sure that it doesn't come off anymore. 

Does anybody have experience with this? Probably it was not fitted deep enough in the hole. Today I will put it al together and see whats happening..........

11 minutes ago, Bastiaan Sponton said:

View days ago I had problems with shifting to third and fourth gear. I took the pre selector cover off the gearbox and found the eccentric pin on the bottom of the gearbox. How did it come off? I put it back in the hole. Its really tight, you have to use a hamer. I am sure that it doesn't come off anymore. 

Does anybody have experience with this? Probably it was not fitted deep enough in the hole. Today I will put it al together and see whats happening..........

Which eccentric pin do you mean? Some gearboxes have 1 and some have 2 but in both cases they are retained by a nut on the outside of the selector cover.

Ciao

23 minutes ago, Bastiaan Sponton said:

b504a287a45f59e80dd4292c10b009df.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Ok thats a "roll" pin and is used to control over travel of the selector arm. On later transmissions its replaced by and adjustable eccentric pin. It's just a press fit in the cover. Why it came out I dont know, thats not a common event. I suggest you use some green Loctite on it if it comes out again.

Have a look at my write up on the selector mechanism.

Ciao  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Bastiaan Sponton said:

Thanks for your answer Phil. I was thinking of that loctite but its so tight fit, I just put it back. Nothing more to say about it. Now its time for RUGBY!!!!!!!

RUGBY:( not for us. Australian MotoGP :)

Ciao

• Like 1