Fuel line

Flooky

Since that line would be a feed (suction) line, rather than a pressure line, it need not have a "burst strength." That said, as a suction line, it must resist collapsing and starving the pump for fuel. Unless Guzzi plumbing is like their electrics, in which case all bets are off.

These have been heat shielded in numerous ways besides the metal braid. I've had good results adjusting the length and moving the pump forward as much as possible to groom the line away from the head and cylinder as much as possible. Scud made some up that were very nice:

5 hours ago, Flooky said:

Hi, does the 12mm fuel line from the fuel tap to the external pump have to be braided or would heat resistant hose be ok ? cheers

I used high-quality high-pressure (modern EFI) fuel line, nylon fabric covered. It's gone 15k miles so far. 
It is larger in diameter than convenient, and stiff to route; I may when the time comes, plumb everything in metal and use only enough flexible hose to connect it all up. As far as the heat goes, once everything heat soaks to saturation, it really doesn't matter what it's made of or how you shield it. I put my pump (external, mine) in front of the frame and the filter under the tank. Has an occasional burp when red-hot in traffic, but never fails. 

Yeah I was worried about the fact that it is near the cylinder, I will mount the pump higher (cheers Docc ) and angle the fuel tap in a bit, longer heat resistant hose and that should be ok.

cheers all.

• Like 1