Faded Paint unusual?

gkaan

Noobie here who recently purchased my 2nd V11 Sport.  It is a silver 2000 with Magni Fairing , Ferracci pipes and only 2400 miles on the clock.  It looks nearly showroom new with no nicks, dents, blemishes, etc.  The PO was a Guzzi die hard who had quite a few 70's and 80's big block Guzzi's in his collection.  The reason for the post is the one unusual thing about the bike is the red frame above the foot pegs on both sides is faded.  This seemed unusual to me considering the overall condition and miles of the bike.  Has anyone seen this type fading before?  It's a minor thing and not very noticeable in these pictures but has me curious. 20190531_145050-L.jpg

20190531_145006-L.jpg

Edited by gkaan
further explanation of fading
  • Like 3

I dont think the red on my 2000 greenie is in great shape. It looks dull and semi faded and its only done 42000 klms and I've garaged it for the last 9 years. It was like this when I bought it in fact. I was going to repaint it when I fit the new engine.

Ciao   

Pork Chop fading has been noted but not universally.  I'd try to polish it or ignore it. 

If you want to paint it, Chevy Roman Red (think '50s Corvette) or Chrysler Flame Red (1990s) is very close and available at most Auto Parts stores and Walmarts.

Make sure you do a test shot first, I could be wrong.  Pretty sure Chrysler Flame Red is pretty close.

• Like 1

My Manufacture date was 2/2000 so I'd say its an early V11 an has greater potential to the fading.  Thanks for all the feedback!

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:14 AM, gkaan said:

Noobie here who recently purchased my 2nd V11 Sport.  It is a silver 2000 with Magni Fairing , Ferracci pipes and only 2400 miles on the clock.  It looks nearly showroom new with no nicks, dents, blemishes, etc.  The PO was a Guzzi die hard who had quite a few 70's and 80's big block Guzzi's in his collection.  The reason for the post is the one unusual thing about the bike is the red frame above the foot pegs on both sides is faded.  This seemed unusual to me considering the overall condition and miles of the bike.  Has anyone seen this type fading before?  It's a minor thing and not very noticeable in these pictures but has me curious. 20190531_145050-L.jpg

20190531_145006-L.jpg

That is very nice.... Congrats.

Ciao

• Like 1