James May, Guzzi content (Low gear guy)

LowRyter

7 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

...you must’ve been flagellating yourself for those 7.30 mins then...! 🤣

Green - good one.

Naw, Darren on Wild sent it to me. I just skipped over the car stuff until I saw the Greenie.  I really can't stand Top Gear anymore.  It's really worn out over the years and I find it stupid and bigoted and I don't have much interest in cars for the ultra rich.  I did note in Europe that the Tesla is a prestige car,  perhaps the only American made car to have status there.  

1 hour ago, docc said:

Did I hear him "elderly Moto Guzzi" . . . ?  :huh:

I'm not sure how to take that after buying my Sport new . . . :unsure:

Docc, you look 20 years younger vs that guy.  

No Worries man.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 4:37 AM, LowRyter said:

Skip over the car stuff and go to 7:30 or so.   Probably the only smart thing I've ever heard this guy say.

Actually I find him quite watchable, now that he has come down, and calmed down, that far.

On 11/16/2019 at 5:04 AM, luhbo said:

Actually I find him quite watchable, now that he has come down, and calmed down, that far.

Yes, you are right.  He is the better of three.  I originally liked the show but after a season or so, I got really sick of "the stupid car tricks" and blatant bigotry and elitism.  The show was 1969 Car & Driver magazine meets Monty Python, so I thought it was very derivative from the start.   The newer version is even worse by keeping the stupid parts and replacing the bigotry with blandness.  I have to run subtitles just to know what they are saying.  I find the interviews particularly bad.

Yes, I still watch it, despite hating it.  Usually, I just DVR through it just to see the neat cars and catch a bit of dialog and move on.