V11 Sport Ballabio registry

po18guy

Since there does not seem to be one for these "parts bin" neither-here-nor-there models, might as well begin one.

ZGUKTC0254M111321 located in western Washington State, USA.

EDIT: To include pic.

IMG_2990.JPG

• Like 2

Haha!  I was trying to keep it quiet (..are they the least-cool model of v11?🤔)... but:

ZGUKTB0104M112013

Tucked up all schnuggled in Sheffield.  40k miles and running nicely.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,  Mine is a 2004 in Silver. huddled in the workshop away from the rain in Lower Mainland, BC.

ZGUKTC03X4M111184 -  I have had it from new and it has about 35,000km's on it - relatively trouble free apart from one shift spring. My 41 year old daughter took it over about a year ago and as it is now in my garage for the winter I am going through it to sort out a few things and to ensure that it is in good order etc.  I had Hepco Becker bags on it, plus the frame etc, but have just taken them off as apparently amongst my daughter's friends they are not stylish enough.  She also wants me to put on some clip ons, so we shall see how that goes and how long it lasts, as I preferred the straight bars from a comfort point of view..  The list of jobs is relatively short, but includes a major service and change of fluids as I have not worked on it for a couple of years - hence my availing myself of the knowledge of the assembled masses on the V11 site.  Luckily I retired last year so have time to take time, while waiting for the parts to arrive from various parts of the Guzzi universe.

I also have a California 1400, which is a great touring ride but nothing like as much fun around the corners, hence the preservation of the Ballabio.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys I have a 2004 V11 Sport Ballabio, Red. ZGUKTC0274M111224.

Mine seems to be  a little different in that rather than the straight handlebars it has clip-ons and the top triple tree does not have the holes to mount the straight bars. Looking in the MG parts catalog it should have the handlebars and mounts for bars in the triple tree. All other Ballabios I have seen have the bars rather than clip-ons. Other than that everything else is per the MG pars catalog. Has anyone seen this before. It seems it may have the lemans top triple tree and bar set up? I have had almost since new and believe this is as delivered by MG.

For long distance rides I was thinking I would prefer the bars to be about two inches higher and one inch aft. I am about 6 '0 tall and find it a little crampled, but still love it and put lots of miles on it in the summer. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PhillipLarsen said:

Hi Guys I have a 2004 V11 Sport Ballabio, Red. ZGUKTC0274M111224.

Mine seems to be  a little different in that rather than the straight handlebars it has clip-ons and the top triple tree does not have the holes to mount the straight bars. Looking in the MG parts catalog it should have the handlebars and mounts for bars in the triple tree. All other Ballabios I have seen have the bars rather than clip-ons. Other than that everything else is per the MG pars catalog. Has anyone seen this before. It seems it may have the lemans top triple tree and bar set up? I have had almost since new and believe this is as delivered by MG.

For long distance rides I was thinking I would prefer the bars to be about two inches higher and one inch aft. I am about 6 '0 tall and find it a little crampled, but still love it and put lots of miles on it in the summer. 

Hmmmm. How much room between bar mounts and gauges when it is at full lock? 

The one other thing that seems maybe different. The gauges are moved forward by a plate compared to other V11's I have seen. It moves the gauges about a couple inches forward into the fairing. It looks like a factory plate with the four bolts holding the gauges to the plate and four more bolts holding plate to the original holes to mount the gauges.

I will take a picture and load it tomorrow.

1 hour ago, PhillipLarsen said:

The one other thing that seems maybe different. The gauges are moved forward by a plate compared to other V11's I have seen. It moves the gauges about a couple inches forward into the fairing. It looks like a factory plate with the four bolts holding the gauges to the plate and four more bolts holding plate to the original holes to mount the gauges.

I will take a picture and load it tomorrow.

Great! I get the impression that MG was like Colt Firearms in that they never knowingly built two identical products.

I took some pictures with my blackberry but they will not load as too large file. I can send to you if you like. (pics  of my 2004 Ballabio with clip ons (as it came I think)). You will see that the need to move the instruments forward was necessary for the bars to be able to turn to full lock.

Looks like someone "Lemansed" your Ballabio. Any chance you could post up a pic of the bike from the front or side? Am considering clipons and want to see how they "fit" the bike overall. ok. 

• Like 1

Yes, it seems was done at factory with the triple tree without holes for standard Ballabio bars. Also the spacer plate looks like factory, including the bolts used prior to me adding the GPS mount.