Gear Oil change causes leaks

gkaan

Awesome, @gkaan! Thanks for the follow-up!! She looks GREAT!!

PXL_20210310_194527506.MP-M.jpg

Pink-faded frame side plates are a very early production issue.  I also spy the finned steel exhaust flanges (early production). So, very curious: what is the build date on your left side headstock tag?

Tks very much for the update, your bike looks lovely! 

Wishing you many safe miles and smiles.

Enquiring minds want to know, which lowering peg kit did you get, and please share any thoughts on the installation and use, it's one of the few things I haven't done to mine, that I'm still considering.

• Like 1

Not sure of the brand and I'm pretty sure I bought them from Twisted Throttle.  They took months to arrive. 

PXL_20210311_142551936-M.jpg

• Like 1

@gkaan, still very curious about your build date on your early Sport! Was it in 1999?

(I'm likely also going to get you looking at your triple clamp numbers in search of the early steep rake Demon Triples . . .   :grin:  )

• Like 1

I couldn't read the date on the headstock as it appears worn down thru the years.   I'll double check again.  Demons be dammed!  :)

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got it up on a lift to check the mfg date.  It's 2/2000

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, gkaan said:

Finally got it up on a lift to check the mfg date.  It's 2/2000

Always so interesting, yet mystifying. My Sport is 3/2000 and has the smooth alloy exhaust flanges and the side plates never faded to pink.

Not that Guzzi ever made changes all at once, at a particular inception date. :mg:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, docc said:

Always so interesting, yet mystifying. My Sport is 3/2000 and has the smooth alloy exhaust flanges and the side plates never faded to pink.

Not that Guzzi ever made changes all at once, at a particular inception date. :mg:

It's as simple as a batch issue docc, same as the crinkle finish cases. Some fall off and some don't.

Ciao 

• Like 1