Los Angeles Area Dealer/Shop Recommendations?

joe camarda

Hello all, can anyone recommend a shop in the Los Angeles area, specifically West L.A./Santa Monica/Malibu areas?

FWIW Im a longtime member here but since Ive been without a MG for several years Ive recently been inactive, but still lurking about! Now Ive the opportunity to pick up a 04 Cafe Sport, but Im reluctant since Im unfamiliar with the service network here in Los Angeles.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

TIA, Joe

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Kane said:

I think Sean Fader may be at OC Motorcycle in Costa Mesa.

Don’t forget about Moto Guzzi Classics in Long Beach / Signal Hill.

I've known Mark at MGC for years. He's a great guy, but doesn't do computers. I've told him that they are *easy* but he's not interested. :huh2: That's why I recommended Sean. If it is just "normal" service, sure.. go to Mark.

• Like 2

Chuck, I remember you mentioning that before. Mark and MGC is a good resource for people in SoCal to be aware of. He’s definitely a nice and interesting alternative to the mainstream dealers. Heck, his building alone is worth the trip to see! As far as not doing computers goes, it seems like potential lost business, but I guess he does it his way. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kane said:

Chuck, I remember you mentioning that before. Mark and MGC is a good resource for people in SoCal to be aware of. He’s definitely a nice and interesting alternative to the mainstream dealers. Heck, his building alone is worth the trip to see! As far as not doing computers goes, it seems like potential lost business, but I guess he does it his way. 

I've mentioned this to him a couple :rolleyes: of times. They aren't making any more loops or Tontis. Once Sean left, he hasn't done any computer bike stuff except service. He *has* done some old Japanese restorations, etc. but if it has a computer, he's not interested.

Just to jump on the MGC praise bandwagon, I have had some work done by Mark and he is the real deal--a master at the older bikes.

He even rebuilt a G5 final drive for me in a couple of days turnaround. Great service and it's fun to visit his shop and talk for awhile.

Moto Guzzi Classics in Long Beach  and Guzzitech who has a shop in Malibu and one in Orange. I've bought from both and have had service from both. Mark is a more vintage Guzzista. Anything modern 2000s and up send it to Todd at Guzzitech.