Left bar switches connector '04 V11

po18guy

Q: Does anyone know the style, or have an example of the multi-pin connector from the left handlebar switches to the main wiring loom? '04 Ballabio, as I see that Guzzi used various multi-pin connector styles. Am going to get rid of my horn-button-where-the-signals-should-be left switch housing. Unfortunately, the switch harness disappears behind the "frame cover" under the tank, making the connector inaccessible unless I pull the tank. While I'll have the tank off sooner or later, I'd like to have the proper switches ready to go. Thanks in advance!

Next, I forgot to tun notifications on. Can I do this after I post? Dimbulb me cannot figure it out.

Next, I forgot to tun notifications on. Can I do this after I post? Dimbulb me cannot figure it out.

The site notified me. :D Occasionally, I'll get an email about a thread. I just assume it's something wonky with the site. :huh2:

@p018guy - let me see if I can locate an image of the left side connectors under the tank. Perhaps we can discern which is the switchgear. Pretty sure they are "AMP" connectors.

I'm kind of embarrassed that I can't speak to how to use "notifications." I've just never used them since I pretty much look at everything. :blink: Hopefully, someone adeptat that will comment . . .

Otherwise, +1 on gstallons suggesting the tank should be pulled with forethought. And, I would add, a plan for other things to see to while it is off. To wit:

Disclaimer! The squeamish should avert their eyes! :wacko:

Now, for one, this is on an early Sport, so there "may be" variations in the wiring colors. Still, the connectors are likely same or similar. From the wiring diagram, it appears the left switchgear has ten wires, so the swithgear connector looks to be the larger AMP connector. Check my work, y'all!

IMG_2778.JPG

I'm kind of embarrassed that I can't speak to how to use "notifications." I've just never used them since I pretty much look at everything. :blink: Hopefully, someone adeptat that will comment . . .

I just checked to make sure I had "notifications" turned off. Yes, I do. I still get notified sometimes. Two today.. no big deal really, unless I get one for every post.

11 hours ago, stewgnu said:

Side note: careful leaving the tank off the bike - it can relax and then sometimes it doesn’t want to go back on!

Thanks for the info! I may fab up a wood mount that replicates the frame mount points - easy enough to do.

docc: Further evidence in my argument that Guzzi built the entire bike before realizing they did not put any coils on it. "There's a spot! Let's stuff them in there!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Uhhhh , 90% of the bike was made like this .

Am pretty sure that, each time the workers returned from their strike, they couldn't remember where they had left off.