What If You Had Another V11?

Kane

I agree with the thought that a 2nd V11 should be customised.  I wanted a modern spine framed equivalent to my old red LeMans so went to Ghezzi Brian for their conversion.  It transformed the bike and the handling and took 30kg off it.  If you don't mind drop bars; that's what I'd do.  I've had it for 4 years now and I still don't want anything else.

V11Ghezzi3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Get an EV like I did for those long cruises. It's extremely comfortable and yet surprisingly nimble when the road gets twisty. Makes a great companion bike for the Sport. 

One for short blasts to the Sunday hangout. 

One for the long rides across state lines.

VT4L

• Like 1

These were the Italian Alps just south west of Silvaplana, the day before I brought it back from Ghezzi Brian.  You can get the bits and do it yourself - nice winter project, but I got them to do it for me by driving the bike down, leaving it a month and then driving it back.  The conversion was to a V11 Trofeo but I added a few optional extras; the big one was the alloy swinging arm, but less expensive were the wave discs, lithium iron battery and high efficiency air filters. I also got the carbon fibre front and rear mudguards and belly pan - though these are cosmetic and it had a CF front mudguard anyway. This was virtually everything short of the tuning mods which Ghezzi Brian didn't recommend if I was going to use it, put lots of miles on it and wanted it to be reliable: I guess these are really for a track bike.

• Like 3

I ended up doing exactly that. Had my black frame 02 Le Mans for a few years and love her.  Found a 2000 Sport red frame that needed rehab and have spent a year or two slowly doing what ever I want to it.  Put in a motoscope gauge, paired down the wiring loom, playing with colors... all fun.  The major surprise was how different the long and short, black and red, frames are.

Do it.  Worst thing that happens is you start getting the itch for just one more.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2019 at 10:14 AM, PeterT said:

I agree with the thought that a 2nd V11 should be customised.  I wanted a modern spine framed equivalent to my old red LeMans so went to Ghezzi Brian for their conversion.  It transformed the bike and the handling and took 30kg off it.  If you don't mind drop bars; that's what I'd do.  I've had it for 4 years now and I still don't want anything else.

V11Ghezzi3.jpg

Which GB kit is that?

Mike