Staintune cans

po18guy

Anyone else running these? They came on my '04 and are undoubtedly HQ units. The sound is low and mellow (too quiet with the Db killers in), but can get a little on the intrusive/droning side on longer rides. Foam earplugs at the ready. If I take DW for a ride, I'll pop the Db killers in. But, the rest of the time, it runs very well. I have not contacted the owner before the last owner, so I have no idea if it has been re-flashed. Have had a single hiccup at 3500 or so. 

I had them on a 2000 BMW R1100s and they were superb. Build quality unmatched, though doubt any weight savings. Sound - at first I used the baffles, then removed them. Good sound either way but as usual.... better without. Staintune used to advertise no fuel/air mods needed when using them. idk.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, po18guy said:

Anyone else running these? They came on my '04 and are undoubtedly HQ units. The sound is low and mellow (too quiet with the Db killers in), but can get a little on the intrusive/droning side on longer rides. Foam earplugs at the ready. If I take DW for a ride, I'll pop the Db killers in. But, the rest of the time, it runs very well. I have not contacted the owner before the last owner, so I have no idea if it has been re-flashed. Have had a single hiccup at 3500 or so. 

I bought my first pair in 1986 for a DB1 Bimota. Catch up with Sandy who owns Staintune one or twice a year, last time was a just few months ago. 

Ciao

• Like 1

I have staintunes from a Guzzi Daytona on my V11. Same mounting points, and slipped on just fine. The best looking and sounding exhausts IMO

• Thanks 1