S'xteenth South'n Spine Raid 2020

docc

Twin AH inquired about routes from Vancouver to the South'n Spine Raid . . . I know y'all boys will help him out with that . . .

S'xteenth South'n Spine Raid

Weekend After (US) Labor Day

(September 11-13, 2020)

Tellico Plains, Tennessee, USA

:race:"Get there. Bring tools."  :luigi:

:drink:

• Like 2

Thanks, LowRyter! Yeah, The Lodge at Tellico has been our digs for the last ten years. The innkeepers, Walt&Anna, are wonderful and the place really suits our activities. Not the least of which is the enclosed garage space (worth the extra ten bucks to reserve a space!). There are some other places to stay or camp around the area, as well.

EFD1A0FD-6F62-4B4A-9249-ADE227A411F1.jpg

DSCN3797.jpg

IMG_3047.JPG

IMG_9625.jpg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, leroysch said:

Course laid in for future tweaking.

412 will take you to (somewhere in) middle Tennessee.  Then you can hook up with the caravan for breakfast and ride with them the rest of the way.  

Careful of that Highway Patrolman in Harrison Ark.  Don't ask how I know.  

• Haha 2

I made the trip from SSR 2019 to Port Angeles, WA last year. There is a lot of...something less than exhilarating...geography to cross between corners. 
How much time do you have to spend? My first thought was to review the Members Map and see what route takes you near other members, may take a bit of the drudgery out of a couple days. Depending on what you're riding, your tolerance for speed risk and saddle sores, I'd say you might make better time on the secondary roads rather than interstate. I came up from Chattanooga to Little Rock to Shawnee OK, Liberal KS, Denver/Cheyenne/Yellowstone/Boseman MT. The only sufferage was western OK and Kansas in September, but though it wasn't exciting it was new and went pretty fast. Gas stops pushed the 1100 Sport's tank capacity to the limit. 

It's a trip I wouldn't trade for anything, and I'll do again some day when I can spend a bit more time in the places I wished I could have.

<edit> oops ya 2018. Time flies.

• Like 3

Thx for that Pressure.

I hear ya, living and riding around in my area over the years ( B.C,Washington,Oregon and California)I think we may be a bit spoiled.... those big stretches in Utah and Nevada are a bit hard on ya when you add in the heat as well.

I'm kicking it around right now as it would be really good to meet up with all of you for a beverage or two one day and ride your areas of play.

Ciao

• Like 1

There are some long threads on riding gear for long tours; After reading a lot and wringing my hands, I did 10k miles and 8 weeks with an Aerostich Roadmaster suit, long sets of Underarmor, Thorlo socks and Gasolina boots. Aside from collecting a Patagonia thin hoody along the way, it was a perfect combination for credit card touring. I had one t-shirt and one pair of jeans, since I spent all my time riding. 

I would, though it may be heresy, consider having the bike transported and flying in if I didn't have at least a week on either side of the SSR to make the round trip.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm really looking forward to coming out from California to the S'xteenth South'n Spine Raid..and meeting some of the inmates from around the country........I booked my hotel room and inside parking space this morning!! Hopefully by then a good part of this lockdown can be lifted..I'm itchin to ride....CHEERS!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Reserved a room at the inn and a garage space. Seems that adds up to three "guests" including the Sport.

Makes me proud she is considered a guest of her own! :mg:

IMG_2197.jpg

• Like 4

Made reservations, coming with the wife's V7 and my V11.

• Like 1

Bringing the wife's V7, but no mention of bringing the wife . . .

Musta looked through some South'n SpineRaid archives and thought, "Hide the wimmins!" :grin:

• Haha 2