WTB-Green V11 sport..Or maybe a red or silver or black...

ajsmith184

Hey All

New to the forum here, suggested by the wildguzzi guys to post here. I have wanted a v11 sport since I got out of college in 04 and I have 1) Either not had the money or 2) Had the money and for the life of me couldn't find one. As a recent college grad I remember finding GT Motors as a valid dealer. I worked at a multi line dealer in Lansing and I never had heard of them. Anyway, went there one day, surprised as I was and knocked on the door. Had a great time talking with Larry Klein, he proceeded to tell me he had a brand new one. Walked across the street and he had one brand new in the crate. Then he went on that he probably wouldnt sell it to me:angry2:  Unfortunately i did see it for sale in his estate sale last year, he refused to part with it.

Anyway, I have had two Grisos in the mean time but always, always wanted one of these. I really really want green...But if there is a clean sport of another color I am open to it. Willing to drive a good distance if needed. I prefer mostly stock, with the bonus of aftermarket exhaust in a perfect world.

Thanks in advance and look forward to joining in with the rest of you!

• Like 1

Welcome aj! You have come to the right place!

In the Classifieds is gio’s nice green Sport in Canada, antiqar’s silver Sport in California, and a really nice Rosso Mandello.

Happy hunting!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ajsmith184 said:

Yep I saw those. I am willing to travel, but can't THAT far.  Those are both 20+ hours each way from me. :(

The correct answer is fly and ride. :grin:

Otherwise just stay vigilant and the right greenie will turn up. Patience is the key.

I thought estate sales were posthumous? Maybe wait a little longer and Larry will keel over?

• Like 1

Welcome aj. Green ones are many, and like centipedes, lift up a rock and a dozen go scurrying in all directions. :rolleyes: If you somehow don't find one and want a rare-and-faster black 2000, check with me.  I have been eyeballing a local Griso lately.

57 minutes ago, footgoose said:

Welcome aj. Green ones are many, and like centipedes, lift up a rock and a dozen go scurrying in all directions. :rolleyes: If you somehow don't find one and want a rare-and-faster black 2000, check with me.  I have been eyeballing a local Griso lately.

Not to mention the super-fast, superleggera 'Italian red' '04s.... :tongueincheek:

2 hours ago, swooshdave said:

The correct answer is fly and ride. :grin:

Otherwise just stay vigilant and the right greenie will turn up. Patience is the key.

I thought estate sales were posthumous? Maybe wait a little longer and Larry will keel over?

Yes Larry unexpectedly died a few years ago. He was a hoader to say the least, trails through the showroom of his dealer that looked like a time capsule to 1983. 

This was the estate auction 

https://www.gotoauction.com/sales/view/49253.html

To be honest? Get what you can get by its condition. Less molested the better. I have 2 and took a good 2 years sorting them out mostly from people thinking they know what they're doing but in reality just FUBAR the poor bike. But after some TLC I think they handle better and in a lot of cases faster than a CARC. Even despite lacking 100ccs. 

If you do get a molested one take the time to sort it. I'm sure you'll bond more with these than your Griso. Mostly from its lack of refinement compared to the Griso. Funny but true. 

• Like 1

I found a deal a clean, low-mileage neglected one. Here is a thread about that. I sold it after enjoying it for a while. I saw it for sale again with quite a few more miles on it recently.  We all "helped" SwooshDave find a Greenie a while back... and he still seems to like (or at least tolerate) us.

• Like 1

Welcome aj and with seasonal greetings to fellow forum members. I can fully understand the additional consideration of distance - and recognising that the maritimes is no where near as big a market as the US - have given this further thought based on on-going discussion with two potential buyers in western Canada, so would consider further discount to offset transport costs for the right buyer - I really do want to find another good home for this bike. I did a one way trans-Canada ride a few years ago (on my old Zephyr 750) and one-way crated transport from Halifax back to Vancouver was surprisingly reasonable - although, of course there would be additional paperwork / considerations to cross from Canada to the US). I will be taking additional high-res pics at the request of one of these candidates on next decent weather day and can forward if interested - pm if so.

Right now asking sits at $5950 CDN all-in (approx. US $4.5k at prevailing XR) including all the extras. I imported the colour-matched Magni direct from Italy  - in fact this is where the handle "Gio" originates - from Giovanni Magni - thinking that was close to $2000 alone!) Factory cans, flyscreen, mirrors etc were all removed shortly after purchase and so like new. In addition to Pit-stand, Twin-Max and home-made sump support (for front-end work) I'll even throw in an odometer picked up at a swap meet in the UK (similar mileage - no exchange rate required, un-like gallons!). Bike is road-ready and runs well but can provide any additional information that may be required (eg comp tests, service history etc) and most definitely "un-molested" - although I was involved in some early diagnosis / rectification of "vapour-lock" here on the forum ... as a result of which fuel pump was re-located to top of spine and filter above headlight under the Magni (all of which is reversible if required) ...

Apparently the turkey is now thawed enough to go into the oven - thanks also to Guinness for bridging that gap.

Cheers!

Gio

• Like 2

I'll sell you my silver Sport. In Atlanta. Pics with Omar's fairing and Woodcraft clip-ons, and with handlebar conversion. I have all the parts to do either, or OEM clip-ons.

If interested, PM me your email and Ill send you complete info.

XaaKSBQ.jpg

wDDOsMS.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 10:38 PM, Scud said:

We all "helped" SwooshDave find a Greenie a while back... and he still seems to like (or at least tolerate) us.

Uh, it's more like you guys tolerate me. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1