Portland guzzi parts

Gmc28

(NW US locals)  I seem to be getting behind on current events...

i saw that moto intl went away a year or two ago in seattle.  Then i ordered a brake reservoir bracket for the v11, and couldn’t get anyone to answer the phone at the portland goose dealer to see why my part was so late in arriving.  Yesterday went to call them and google shows them as permanently closed.  Hmm.

so am guessing my pre-paid part will now be lost to bad fortune (not a big deal, was cheap), but anyone recommend who might be recommended now for a parts source in western US, since i assume i’ll now be needing to have things shipped?  Or maybe there’s another guzzi source here in the NW that i don’t know about?

It's interesting watching the ebb and flow of moto enthusiasm throughout the US. My ex father in law dealt in euro-specialty autos and said cities with a shipping port were where the enthusiasm took the strongest hold. These days it's probably different. Goose dealers around here rarely last long. Harpers beat the odds and still has a fairly strong foothold. I've been there and the family set up seems pretty secure.

Let me know what part it is you're needing and I'll look through my spares.

• Like 1

No, the Portland Guzzi dealer is still open. At least that's the last I had heard. Being in the local Guzzi club I probably would have heard.

They did close for a little bit when they had a spat with Aprillia. Considering that they are one of the top dealers in the US somehow Aprillia managed to pull their head from their rectum long enough to realize it.

https://www.motoguzziportland.com

They aren't open on Sunday in case that's when you called.

Also the Google thing isn't always accurate.

• Like 1

I will never understand how stupid manufacturers can be . These guys will allow a Mom & Pop operation to close  instead of working with them . All these idiots want a brand new store next to the interstate with $50k worth of apparel in the showroom and 12 employees selling you s**t you don't want .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, gstallons said:

I will never understand how stupid manufacturers can be . These guys will allow a Mom & Pop operation to close  instead of working with them . All these idiots want a brand new store next to the interstate with $50k worth of apparel in the showroom and 12 employees selling you s**t you don't want .

Some of it has to do with "brand placement" you know that perception strategy that your brand is funky,sexy,classy,urbane or whatever the "creatives" in the marketing department think it needs to be. They dictate what your shop layout and look needs to be etc and the demographic you're aiming at and if you dont comply they ditch you no matter how good your history as a brand representative has been . Sorry you're just not part of our overall brand strategy going forward kind of bullshit.

Dont get me started, opps I already have,sorry.

Ciao 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Some of it has to do with "brand placement" you know that perception strategy that your brand is funky,sexy,classy,urbane or whatever the "creatives" in the marketing department think it needs to be. They dictate what your shop layout and look needs to be etc and the demographic you're aiming at and if you dont comply they ditch you no matter how good your history as a brand representative has been . Sorry you're just not part of our overall brand strategy going forward kind of bullshit.

Dont get me started, opps I already have,sorry.

Ciao 

Exactly. The best BMW dealer we had here in Indy, was forced (more or less) out of business by BMW not allowing them to sell any other make from the same room. They could not expand. The next dealer here to get BMW also sold Triumph, Polaris, Indian. They had to build a separate building to accommodate BMW. They closed this year. Now 3 surrounding states have the closest dealer, none in Indiana... guess they showed us! In 2002-3 There was a MG dealer in Tipton Indiana. Besides Guzzi they sold Ural, Trek bicycle, Carhartt clothing, and Red Wing shoes. That's diversified! They still failed.

AF1 Racing in Texas is a great resource for Guzzi parts (as well as Aprilia)

Online parts PDFs help with finding the part number and online ordering is simple and fast. 

https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/default.asp

• Like 1

Thanks all.  I’ll try AF1 in Texas later this week when they’d be open, i’ll Try calling later this week the local guzzi place which google says is “closed permanently” (via the same search i always have done to find their number), and footgoose.... thx for the offer, but i’m Just looking for the metal bracket that holds the front brake reservoir.   Its the one that fell apart on the maiden voyage from the buyer’s place in OK this fall.  On that trip i just grabbed $2 worth of plumbers strapping, and folded it over with some JB weld.  Actually looks surprisingly ok as-is, but it ain’t right, so was just looking for the replacement part.

i’m going to just bend a little aircraft aluminum to fashion a simple replacement bracket, which should work fine, but probably rather have the real piece at some point.  Casual winter pursuit.  But the whole thing about the shop showing as permanently closed is the real bummer.  We’ll see...

Dave, i meant to try and hit one of the local goose club meetings this summer, but summer is of course busy for probably all of us, and certainly thats true on my end with the fire season, so never found time.  Will do so hopefully at some point. Plus they seem to always meet on the east side, quite a ways from my cozy (far) west side location.

still working on wrapping up some basic maintenance on another bike, and am gathering parts and pieces for when i can start in on the v11, hopefully soon.  I sold my 2010 Multistrada and picked up a Multistrada enduro last winter.  Got a great deal, but the fellow that had it (and ended up needling  to get out from under the payments) did some really goofy stuff to it, which i’m now trying to un-screw.  Shouldn’t take long, but i keep finding fun surprises that require more attention... 6gauge wire coiled under seat, running through a 50a fuse block that he wanted to use to run a winch (ya... i know...), and make it even goofier that 6ga had little 14ga connectors, and all sorts of other strange things.  Fortunately its all fairly easy to undo, so far.

happy holidays all, especially you down under, enjoying summer!

1 hour ago, Gmc28 said:

Thanks all.  I’ll try AF1 in Texas later this week when they’d be open, i’ll Try calling later this week the local guzzi place which google says is “closed permanently” (via the same search i always have done to find their number), and footgoose.... thx for the offer, but i’m Just looking for the metal bracket that holds the front brake reservoir.   Its the one that fell apart on the maiden voyage from the buyer’s place in OK this fall.  On that trip i just grabbed $2 worth of plumbers strapping, and folded it over with some JB weld.  Actually looks surprisingly ok as-is, but it ain’t right, so was just looking for the replacement part.

i’m going to just bend a little aircraft aluminum to fashion a simple replacement bracket, which should work fine, but probably rather have the real piece at some point.  Casual winter pursuit.  But the whole thing about the shop showing as permanently closed is the real bummer.  We’ll see...

Dave, i meant to try and hit one of the local goose club meetings this summer, but summer is of course busy for probably all of us, and certainly thats true on my end with the fire season, so never found time.  Will do so hopefully at some point. Plus they seem to always meet on the east side, quite a ways from my cozy (far) west side location.

still working on wrapping up some basic maintenance on another bike, and am gathering parts and pieces for when i can start in on the v11, hopefully soon.  I sold my 2010 Multistrada and picked up a Multistrada enduro last winter.  Got a great deal, but the fellow that had it (and ended up needling  to get out from under the payments) did some really goofy stuff to it, which i’m now trying to un-screw.  Shouldn’t take long, but i keep finding fun surprises that require more attention... 6gauge wire coiled under seat, running through a 50a fuse block that he wanted to use to run a winch (ya... i know...), and make it even goofier that 6ga had little 14ga connectors, and all sorts of other strange things.  Fortunately its all fairly easy to undo, so far.

happy holidays all, especially you down under, enjoying summer!

I can recommend Harpers even for someone living on the other side of the world.

Ciao 

• Like 2

I'd contact Harper's or MG Cycles for legacy Guzzi parts.  I wouldn't look at any current dealer or Moto Guzzi NA to provide support.  Another option might be to contact Brembo.

Since it's a bracket, it might be possible to make one with some sheet metal, a vice and a drill.

1 hour ago, Scud said:

Harpers and AF1 are both good. MG Cycle is another source worth keeping in mind:  http://www.mgcycle.com/

Between those three, I seem to be able to get everything for the Sport as long as the generous members of the V11LeMns.com community remain.

Very occasionally, ebay. Which has (mostly) worked out.

All very good.  Not yet seeing something as tedious as the mount bracket on those site, but i’ll Get a schematic and a part number and see if I can drum it up via a search on MGcycle, or one of the others.  And just making one will certainly work fine for now, or for long term.

update:  found one on AF1 site. Just had to scrounge the part number, as nothing seemed to come up under part name.  Now will just see how my shop-made one will turn out first...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gmc28 said:

All very good.  Not yet seeing something as tedious as the mount bracket on those site, but i’ll Get a schematic and a part number and see if I can drum it up via a search on MGcycle, or one of the others.  And just making one will certainly work fine for now, or for long term.

01 66 14 60  "bracket"

Could not find it at MGCycle, but here it is on Harper's ($17.08US). BTW, both those places, it is really best to call and ask for availability.

http://www.harpermoto.com/?subcats=Y&status=A&pshort=N&pfull=N&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&q=01661460&dispatch=products.search

$20.52 at AF1.  Be aware that most site searches will not process the part number with the spaces and some will not process the "GU" prefix while others require the GU prefix. Of the three sources, AF1 has the best maintained website and online search/availability notations. Yet, thay never actually sold the V11 while both Curtis Harper and Gordon at MGCycle actually know this model.

https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodList.asp

• Like 1