15 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

Those bike looks too nice to turn into track day bikes.  Unless the goal is to have a nice street bike that is tracked upon occasion.  

For the former, I'd look at a salvage or auction bike.  For the later, it's a trade off between style, performance and cost that only the buyer can know.  I'd like to take my Ducati on a track day or two but like my Greenie, it's a street machine, not a track bike.

Exactly... get something that you won't mind destroying. It'll cost less and if you have a change of heart you can walk away.

Greg.

Bet the brain is on high gear  :rasta:   and I woud think more fun with a $ 2000 SV 650, reving the H out of it. I know I woud hated to mess up that SD1000 upside down and. The goal, probably to see how fast you can take a corner, and that involves some fall of's acording to some English wisdom.  Just my humble op.  Yes IPA time 

Cheers tom.

• Like 3

Fun banter!

An ‘04 DS would be great, because even if track days become too hard to reliably make  (which has been the norm in my life.... I need something like a ski area season pass, where u show up when u can), it’s still a beautiful machine to have.   I doubt I’d ruin it, and if I did, another Ds can be had if needed.  Sounds slightly sacrilegious, but we know it’s true.

if i got serious with track riding, which is unlikely with my work schedule, I’d be more serious about an 848.😎.  Hopefully it doesn’t come to that :->

This looks very nice. I have one of these single seat units in red brand new ( the original dual seat is still used)and a CF front cowl unpainted new as well plus a spare tank and second hand fairings in various colours. The plan was to have a spare set of bodywork in red as that was my favourite colour for them when I bought it in 2012 but as time has passes I actually like my yellow better. Too may red ones around I guess.

_cfimg-4952364466584769700.1.jpg

Ciao