How many Ghezzi Brian Folgore were imported to USA?

Moto Americano

I spoke with Arnold Barnhart of Cyclone Motorcycles in Texas yesterday. He was the importer for Ghezzi Brian. My cousin picked up a Folgore from Arnold back in 2002 at Laguna Seca and got it registered in California. According to Arnold there were only two Folgore imported to the states. Unfortunately my cousin suffered a massive stroke back in February 2019 and has had setbacks in recovery. He has come to the conclusion that his motorcycle days are over. He has decided to sell his very clean stock Ghezzi Brian Folgore. I'm aware of the differences between the Supertwin and Folgore but wanted to know if anyone could confirm the number imported. I emailed Bruno but he has no answer.

IMG_8913 crop.JPG

• Like 1

I wish I knew of a resource to answer that question. Perhaps Brian Slark at Barber's in Alabama? Perhaps they would be interested in the bike, itself?

The airbox-in-frame is amazing . . .

output.jpg

Since there are only two in the USA and none for sale here I have no comparables at all.

I did find a Ghezzi Brian Supertwin sold with 8,700 miles for $16,668 from Ghezzi Brian in Italy but there are more of them in Italy.

The Folgore was a very limited edition and featured racing eprom, Bitubo exhaust, Ohlins and OZ racing wheels

supertwin.jpg

1 hour ago, guzzigary said:

:o      Rare does not always equate to valuable.

JS

True but since it's my cousin who is struggling to survive from a massive stroke I want to get a fair market value for him.

" The Super Twin is built around an air-cooled 1,064cc V-twin from the V11 Sport that’s had its flywheel balanced, and a new full exhaust added. The 87hp mill acts as a stressed member of the mono-beam chassis that houses the airbox and oil-tank. Connected to the race-developed frame are adjustable 41mm inverted Paioli forks up front and an Ohlins (or Bitubo according to some sources) monoshock in the rear, with the bike riding on forged aluminum Marchesini wheels. The race-replica’s giant 420mm perimeter discs — which are attached to the rim and not the hub — and dual-piston calipers help slow the 427lb (dry) machine — 55lbs less than the unfaired V11 Sport — from its claimed 140mph top-speed."

A picky point, perhaps, but I am not certain I have ever seen a Ghezzi-Brian built bike from a V11. All I have seen are the previous model Sport1100 or 1100 Sport-i with the 5speed gearbox and previous generation reardrive, other differences.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just not V11.

as always, correct me if that is not correct. Just an observation from the very little exposure I have with Ghezzi-Brian bikes.

9 hours ago, docc said:

A picky point, perhaps, but I am not certain I have ever seen a Ghezzi-Brian built bike from a V11. All I have seen are the previous model Sport1100 or 1100 Sport-i with the 5speed gearbox and previous generation reardrive, other differences.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just not V11.

as always, correct me if that is not correct. Just an observation from the very little exposure I have with Ghezzi-Brian bikes.

Correct, all the G&B bikes, not the kit bikes like the Sport Monza, are based on the Sport 1100. AFAIK the G&B frame doesn't take the V11 with 6speed box.

• Like 1