V11 values. Wishful thinking ???

driver

As someone living in Japan for the last 20 years i can tell you it is not that difficult to pass a registration inspection for an old V11. A little pricey, but no worse than my old home, Australia.

What you may find is that Japan is not the rich country it once was. Wages are quite low as is the cost of most V11's. The reason for people getting rid of these bikes is the crazy repair , service and spare part costs for any vehicle. Hence I do my own repairs and buy parts from overseas. Due to lack of space and unwillingness to try what they are not fully trained for, almost no Japanese works on their own vehicles. The bikes are cheaper here on the whole than other countries.

Why that bike has such a high price tag is beyond me.

• Like 3

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V11-Scura-2004-in-stunning-condition/174124724816?hash=item288aa47250:g:16EAAOSwXqxd89oA

s-l1600.jpg

It's just a stock Scura with the tank and tail replaced. Someone liked it better than the flat black. So do I.  Half that price is high retail in US money. I have no problem with someone asking way too much. It's theirs to sell.

At 59. 04. 004440  I had to inspect the 3 year old Van, today,  $ 140.  Then every 2 year. Cars after 50years, no more inspection.   I should wisper,,, no inspection on bikes,,  THAT I LIKE :rasta:    unless a complete custom build, dif frame and all that trouble.   Good and not so good things all over.   Just 90ish days before riding again.

Cheers tom.         

One other thing..........Japanese dealers are notorious for winding back the clocks . I look at almost every V11 I can on websites here and it is amazing that no matter the age they all seem to never have over 15 000 km's on them . Strange that

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, malengi said:

As someone living in Japan for the last 20 years i can tell you it is not that difficult to pass a registration inspection for an old V11. A little pricey, but no worse than my old home, Australia.

What you may find is that Japan is not the rich country it once was. Wages are quite low as is the cost of most V11's. The reason for people getting rid of these bikes is the crazy repair , service and spare part costs for any vehicle. Hence I do my own repairs and buy parts from overseas. Due to lack of space and unwillingness to try what they are not fully trained for, almost no Japanese works on their own vehicles. The bikes are cheaper here on the whole than other countries.

Why that bike has such a high price tag is beyond me.

Too many political, financial, manufacturing (airbag) and other scandals, I guess. As well, the Koreans are putting a big dent in their auto sales, at least stateside.

21 minutes ago, footgoose said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-V11-Scura-2004-in-stunning-condition/174124724816?hash=item288aa47250:g:16EAAOSwXqxd89oA

s-l1600.jpg

It's just a stock Scura with the tank and tail replaced. Someone liked it better than the flat black. So do I.  Half that price is high retail in US money. I have no problem with someone asking way too much. It's theirs to sell.

Seems all Scura are 2002, not 2004 (except the Scura R), and that driveline paint certainly looks like '02 wrinkle-slough . . .

Caveat emptor, as always .

On 1/14/2020 at 7:15 PM, fotoguzzi said:

Can you back that up with any statistics? One or two sales for $6-8,000 does not mean the value is on the rise.. I believe the 02ish 
Plain Jane Lemans still around $3500 in value.. ( in the US) and it will be a long time if ever that they go up in value.

Bluebook, no. Also depends on the region. CA for example values are higher. Same in NY, NJ, MD, etc. Best offhand stats is looking at Cycletrader or even Craigslist. GP Cycles in San Diego had a greenie with miles on it a while back listed in the low 5k area and got it. 

This was 1 google search without probing....Dreamers? Theses? They're get pretty close to that in these areas.. Vegas, SoCal... 

https://www.smartcycleguide.com/moto_guzzi-v11_le_mans-motorcycles-for-sale

7 hours ago, malengi said:

One other thing..........Japanese dealers are notorious for winding back the clocks . I look at almost every V11 I can on websites here and it is amazing that no matter the age they all seem to never have over 15 000 km's on them . Strange that

That and also odometers break.. Some sit. To be honest I'd rather buy a v11 that's been ridden and cared for with miles than one with super low milage. Low mileage is a red flag. 

• Like 2

The Ballabio is the red-haired step-child of the family, but mine had two prior "mature" owners, only 4.5K, was stored inside and came with all the records and about 2K of accessories. Thus, I was not afraid to pay the price of a new Nina 300 for it.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 4:55 PM, footgoose said:

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for posting a better link to the ebay listing. This guy is dreaming. Looks like a Scura with a repained tank, decals removed off the rear cowling and appears to be an aftermarket rear mudguard. Cute how he still lefted the foam ring on the headlight instead of just painting the headlight ring. It is in good shape. Just not worth £10k. 

Maybe if he holds onto it for 5 more years....