V11 values. Wishful thinking ???

driver

43 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Yeah, some sort of vent tube, not standard. Needs Roper plate. $3500.:oldgit:

A vent tube running externally to atmosphere instead of into the airbox rings alarm bells for me to some extent. Bespeaks of excess oil ending up in the airbox which in turn suggests a heavy breathing engine. I'd like to know what the modifier was trying to achieve here. It could of course just be a Muppet owner without a clue I suppose.

CiaoĀ Ā 

• Like 3

2c.

Ā 

I've had guzzis for almost 30 years now. Before that I had ducatis. I got online in 1990 and on ebay a couple of years after it launched. I watch prices closely all over the world, everywhere I can access ads.

It's your bike ask what you want, but you can't force a buyer to pay more than they will. Asking prices are irrelevant if the bike sits on market for months or years and never sells. This is the first mistake sellers make. I watch Last Advertised Price and where I can get it actual sale price. Sellers who never drop their prices annoy me because they just clutter the listings and waste my time, but that's the deal.

Occasionally there are a lot more buyers than sellers, like 750S/S3 atm. I know an S3 soldĀ recently in australia for $35kAU. It was immaculate. Traditionally V7 sports have been worth more but so many have come in from theĀ states the later bikes are getting bigger money. Supply/demand shifted. Same thing happened with disc brake eldoradoes about 10 years ago. However far more often it is in balance. Sure guzzis are relatively rare but that's because no one cares. Yep we love them but 90%of riders barely know what they are. T5's are rare, but no one cares.

Broadly speaking cars and bikes devalue for about 20 years then start to rise. The V11's are almost there. I'd say prices are flat with "normal"models around that $3500-$5000 in theĀ USA. Concourse examples or particular bikes probably a bit more, scruffy less. This is the cheapest they will ever be. In 5 years they will be a lot dearer and rarer.

I'm looking for something in australia to just ride and not worry about. I joined this forum to find out more about the V11's which I quite like, but the few listed here are about double the money and I'm short as so now I'm looking for a jackal/stone/cali special.

Ā 

I had an 1100 sport carb. The only time in my life I wished I had longer legs. I had to sell it, just fr too high. :(Ā I still think they are theĀ most beautiful bike guzzi ever built and incredible to ride.

Ā 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, guzis3 said:

2c.

Ā 

I've had guzzis for almost 30 years now. Before that I had ducatis. I got online in 1990 and on ebay a couple of years after it launched. I watch prices closely all over the world, everywhere I can access ads.

It's your bike ask what you want, but you can't force a buyer to pay more than they will. Asking prices are irrelevant if the bike sits on market for months or years and never sells. This is the first mistake sellers make. I watch Last Advertised Price and where I can get it actual sale price. Sellers who never drop their prices annoy me because they just clutter the listings and waste my time, but that's the deal.

Occasionally there are a lot more buyers than sellers, like 750S/S3 atm. I know an S3 soldĀ recently in australia for $35kAU. It was immaculate. Traditionally V7 sports have been worth more but so many have come in from theĀ states the later bikes are getting bigger money. Supply/demand shifted. Same thing happened with disc brake eldoradoes about 10 years ago. However far more often it is in balance. Sure guzzis are relatively rare but that's because no one cares. Yep we love them but 90%of riders barely know what they are. T5's are rare, but no one cares.

Broadly speaking cars and bikes devalue for about 20 years then start to rise. The V11's are almost there. I'd say prices are flat with "normal"models around that $3500-$5000 in theĀ USA. Concourse examples or particular bikes probably a bit more, scruffy less. This is the cheapest they will ever be. In 5 years they will be a lot dearer and rarer.

I'm looking for something in australia to just ride and not worry about. I joined this forum to find out more about the V11's which I quite like, but the few listed here are about double the money and I'm short as so now I'm looking for a jackal/stone/cali special.

Ā 

I had an 1100 sport carb. The only time in my life I wished I had longer legs. I had to sell it, just fr too high. :(Ā I still think they are theĀ most beautiful bike guzzi ever built and incredible to ride.

Ā 

A local enthusiast converted an 850T into an "S3" awhile back. Beautiful thing. I agree with your valuation 100%. Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Was it a T3 to an S3 or a T to an S ?

Ā 

T to S3 is a really complicated switch. You not only have to change the swingarm, final drive and rear wheel you have to mount theĀ linked brake master cylinder somewhere and swap the tool boxes to side covers.

Ā 

The S3 is a wonderful bike, but it's also a T3 in a party dress. Same power less torque different riding position same brakes and suspension.

Ā 

Anyway thank you for the welcome although I have been here for some months.