Rear brake lever

marktheaxeman

Hello all!!

I am in the process of altering the rear sets on my 2001 V11 to gain a little more room in the leg department. But this means the current brake lever i have fitted will be too short.

Does anyone have a standard rear brake lever that they would want to sell me. I will of course cover all postage costs.

I'm in Bath UK.

many thanks,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

After Recently fitting lowered and advanced pegs i had the same problem with my brake lever this is how i extended it: simple and adjustable.

8 mm aluminium plate with a 10 mm s/s coach bold as a pedal. a milling machine is handy for the groove, but by no means essential.

Hope it Helps.Greetings from (very wild) Cork tonight.

Luc

footpegs resized.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Luc,

I like what you've done there - but I dont think that will work with my brake pedal as its not the standard one and doesnt have a flat edge to it. 

I think my foot rests will be in roughly the same position as yours though once i spin my rearsets around by 180 deg. Do you have any trouble with them grounding out at all?

Are they much more comfortable?

Cheers,

Mark.

4 hours ago, Emeraldv11 said:

Hi Mark,

After Recently fitting lowered and advanced pegs i had the same problem with my brake lever this is how i extended it: simple and adjustable.

8 mm aluminium plate with a 10 mm s/s coach bold as a pedal. a milling machine is handy for the groove, but by no means essential.

Hope it Helps.Greetings from (very wild) Cork tonight.

Luc

footpegs resized.jpg

Or one of these and you get a folding tip as well. Just position it fwd instead of dropped like I have it.

gearbox_mod_015.JPG

Ciao

• Like 1

16 hours ago, marktheaxeman said:

Hi Luc,

I like what you've done there - but I dont think that will work with my brake pedal as its not the standard one and doesnt have a flat edge to it. 

I think my foot rests will be in roughly the same position as yours though once i spin my rearsets around by 180 deg. Do you have any trouble with them grounding out at all?

Are they much more comfortable?

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

yes , they are more comfortable as for grounding its not with the wet and greasy roads we have at present in the Cork-Kerry mountains that i will be trying to lean too far ...

I changed the bars as well for a second hand triumph set and between bars and foot pegs it makes for a much easier ride with less weight on the front wheel.

AND : heated grips...(used to be for Sissies but perceptions changes)

bars resized.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Luc, 

That looks just the kind of set up I'm after. 

Did you drill the top yoke yourself and what bar clamps did you use? I like the ideal of being a little more upright. I guess you have to replace the throttle cable and clutch line?  

Thanks for your help,

Mark. 

Some V11's came with handle bars like that. But not the red frame greenies (which are the best V11's). However, you can either swap the top triple clamp for one from a V11 that did have the handle bars, or you can simply drill the holes in the top triple clamp and mount the handle bars using either stock bar risers or aftermarket bar risers. The bosses to drill for handle bars are typically there, just not drilled.

I drilled the top triple clamp on the wife's red framed silver V11, and mounted the stock risers from a V11 Ballabio. I believe I even used the Billabio bars.