Kane

What flows best?: stock intake air box or two small aftermarket filters?

Those coiled plastic tubes are truly fugly, but it's a race bike and racers are supposed to experiment with stuff.

That said, I do fancy that full-length belly pan. I suppose that not having a side stand makes it easier to fit something like that.

And since we're looking closely and straying off topic... those rear-set pegs appear to be mounted inside the big nuts that lock the swing arm pivots in place. That must be fiddly...

16 hours ago, Scud said:

On the theme of airbox mods... I just put a whole new airbox and an enormous pod filter on my 7.3L Turbo-Diesel F250. The new airbox draws in fresh air from the stock intake piece (which opens in front the radiator for cool air. But it also has a huge hole in the back of the airbox, so air intake can flow in from the other side.

I have an f250 7.3 too, got a link to the intake you installed ?

4 hours ago, Scud said:

Those coiled plastic tubes are truly fugly, but it's a race bike and racers are supposed to experiment with stuff.

That said, I do fancy that full-length belly pan. I suppose that not having a side stand makes it easier to fit something like that.

And since we're looking closely and straying off topic... those rear-set pegs appear to be mounted inside the big nuts that lock the swing arm pivots in place. That must be fiddly...

Looks much like the one fitted to my bike except full length and sealed to contain oil for the race regs. Riding around on the road they tend to collect lots of road rubbish off the back tyre even if you drill holes in the bottom.

Ciao

5 hours ago, JBBenson said:

I have an f250 7.3 too, got a link to the intake you installed ?

https://www.amazon.com/75-5027-Intake-Powerstroke-Cleanable-Cotton/dp/B001F0YHVM/ref=sr_1_22_sspa?crid=39OKS3Z8KF5KO&keywords=s%26b+cold+air+intake+6.7+powerstroke&qid=1579560110&sprefix=S%26B%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-22-spons&psc=1&smid=A3GJK7T1KN0PLM&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzNkpJWENZVkVCMDk0JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTE2ODY5VUcyMEZGMFdCSEhPJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA3MDQzODMyQjlXUkhMU1lSMEZDJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYnRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

It's the S&B kit. Link to Amazon above. Pretty straightforward bolt-on. A bit of fiddling, but that's to be expected. It is noticeably quicker across the RPM range - but still not fast by any stretch of the imagination. I also have modified exhaust, I think it's a 4" pipe.  There are different kits for the OBS (Old Body Style like mine) and the new body style starting in 1999..

Seeing those coiled tubes reminds me of the saying "What goes around comes around" I use to tell a bad joke. What is the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

Harley(Davidson motorcycle) and Hoover(vacuum cleaner)  Seeing that picture makes me the butt of my own joke. 

Don’t mock the vacuum hose to supply the fresh cool air to the airbox - those Guareschi’s know a thing a two about getting the most outta Guzzi motors (did anyone actually translate the article?)

Apart from cost & ease of installation maybe they had additional bonus of the golf ball effect!!

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-do-dimples-in-golf-ba/