A man with taste in twins

po18guy

Have been watching the progress of a bloke in Oregon refurbing a Vincent Rapide. Cueing up the "first start" video, I note in the opening shot that the man (or his friends) has excellent taste. In fact, it might leave you greenie with envy...

Is it one of us???

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, footgoose said:

hell yeah, I can tell in the first few seconds of the excellent video ... SwooshDave!

Our mon, swooshdave by his Sport piloting the videogyro . . . welldone, mon!! :thumbsup:

Screen%20Shot%202020-01-17%20at%205.22.2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guilty.

Yeah, those are my drone shots.

If you watch enough of Mike’s channel you’ll see me more often than not. :ph34r:

There’s a whole series (playlist) on my Norton engine rebuild.

He has a video coming out in a couple weeks that we shot today. Very fascinating no matter what bike you ride!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, po18guy said:

He's out now! No more hiding behind the interwebz persona!

If there’s one thing I don’t do is hide. I’ve been on YouTube for 12 years and countless videos. Very few of them flattering. At least the bikes make me look cooler than I am.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, swooshdave said:

Guilty.

Yeah, those are my drone shots.

If you watch enough of Mike’s channel you’ll see me more often than not. :ph34r:

There’s a whole series (playlist) on my Norton engine rebuild.

He has a video coming out in a couple weeks that we shot today. Very fascinating no matter what bike you ride!

Saw the Norton barrels and head on the bench during the Rapide build. Knew there had to be more to it. You've undoubtedly got better riding weather there in Orygun than we have up north. I think my cousin in Seward has better riding weather than Seattle.   

9 minutes ago, swooshdave said:

At least the bikes make me look cooler than I am.

I wouldn't let anybody else say that about you, bud. You're a cool cat in my book!  B)

22 hours ago, docc said:

Our mon, swooshdave by his Sport piloting the videogyro . . . welldone, mon!! :thumbsup:

Screen%20Shot%202020-01-17%20at%205.22.2

What Vincent??? Can't seem to get past the GREEN.

• Haha 1

Great vid, but I'm calling BS on that being Portland.  Bright sun?  No way.  

Kathi's visiting kids and grands in Edmonds (Seattle) and Portland just now.  I declined.  Have spent weeks there in several seasons.  I think the whole PNW is a perpetual cloud bank.  Love that tee shirt:

"Seattle Rain Festival: 1 January - 31 December."

BTW, yes, I know it can be pretty, and have seen (a few) days like that in June and July.  Just not my cup of effete coffee.  In counterpoint, have to say that the PNW and Minnesota  seem to have more crazy weather-bedamned motorcyclists per square mile than many warmer and drier climes.

Oh, I already said it, but great vid ... and greenie.  :D

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

I spent 2 weeks in Seattle taking delivery of a company Jet in 2001 and I had all but 1 day of sunny skies and nice weather. The locals couldn't believe my weather luck.

Ciao

I'm about ready to post you round-trip air fare.

Having lived in Tacoma (near Seattle) and Portland I can attest that the weather is significantly different.

Portland is much warmer and somewhat dryer.

That video was shot a while ago and during the summer. Don’t tell anyone else but we have some of the best summers in the US. Shhhhhh!

• Like 1

Isn't that an old MG Magnette two toned sedan across the street? Had one of those in my hippie days in Venice. Abandoned it one morning on Pacific Coast Highway in El Segundo on my way to work. Ran out of starter fluid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1