SCURA fork settings

David Konings

I've got a question for Scura owners: what is the standard mounting position of the front fork in the clamp. My Öhlins show 6 rings above the triple clamp. But other topics write that the top of the fork must be flush or that 1 ring should be visible. Does this mean that my triple plate is too low (less stable riding)?
Anyone know where the standard setup is described?

Thanks for replies.

David

Welcome. This question might be better placed in Technical Topics, rather than the registry. Somebody might move it there.

But to answer your question, we need to know some more things. Does your bike have the original clip-ons that mount above the triple clamp? If so, 6 rings above that is pretty extreme. However, if your bike has been converted to handlebars, or has aftermarket clip-ons that mount below the triple-clamp, then the forks might be set to about the factory spec.

I don't recall exactly where the specs are listed, but check the Fileshare section of this site for the Öhlins manuals and links to the shop manual.

Hi Scud, thanks. I'll wait for someone to move the post.

To asnwer your questions: my bike used to have the clipons above the triple clamp. 2 years ago the previous owner converted to handlebars on top of the triple clamp. So seating position is more upright. I'm now looking for the factory spec ecause that info for Scura is not in the V11 LeMans and Sport Workshop Manual.

OK - when we do find the correct spec, you will have to add the height of the stock clip ons (in fork rings) to the spec to get the correct setting for your bike. I'll take a look at mine for you later today - but it will be the same for all of the Öhlins-equipped bikes - not just Scuras.

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2020 at 3:42 PM, docc said:

edit- 20 January, 2020.  okay, I am learning the new forum moderator tools. Topic moved from Scura Register to Technical Topics for better searching and discussion . . . thanks, Scud, for the suggestion and encouragement. :thumbsup:

@David Konings The tops of the forks have a bit of a taper. Mine are set so that the taper starts at the top of the clip on. The clip on is 20mm thick. I think this is how they come from the factory. Some people like to raise the forks (lowers the front) a bit to quicken the steering - along with a 170 rear tire instead of the 180.

• Thanks 1