Ducati Donut - Funny and Informative

This You Tube guy cracks me up. He's done a lot of interesting features on specific cars. But he just released this about Ducati. I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

But a 937 Super Sport? Nice enough, but I'll take my V11 thank you very much. Speaking of the SS, I just looked up the 1977 900 Super Sport that a high school buddy bought brand new. I rode along with him on my TX650. Yeah, he was slumming. Lost contact and always wondered what he did with that SS. Googling up the '77 SS, I was rather shocked to see that mint examples go for $30-$50K? AYKM? Gotta look him up, and fast!

https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-italian-motorcycles/classic-ducati-motorcycles/1977-ducati-900ss-zmwz16mjzhur

Screen%20Shot%202020-01-23%20at%2010.33.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 1/24/2020 at 4:37 AM, Chuck said:

I could have bought one cheap in '78, but there was no place for my sweetie to sit. Bought a Darmah instead..:homer:

No place for her to sit? Well, in a chair watching you ride by, of course!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, po18guy said:

No place for her to sit? Well, in a chair watching you ride by, of course!

And hormons at that age :rasta: ?   Oops IPA time.

Cheers tom

On 1/24/2020 at 12:35 AM, po18guy said:

But a 937 Super Sport? Nice enough, but I'll take my V11 thank you very much. Speaking of the SS, I just looked up the 1977 900 Super Sport that a high school buddy bought brand new. I rode along with him on my TX650. Yeah, he was slumming. Lost contact and always wondered what he did with that SS. Googling up the '77 SS, I was rather shocked to see that mint examples go for $30-$50K? AYKM? Gotta look him up, and fast!

https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-italian-motorcycles/classic-ducati-motorcycles/1977-ducati-900ss-zmwz16mjzhur

Screen%20Shot%202020-01-23%20at%2010.33.

Owning a '17 939 Super Sport, as well as an EV and a Greenie,  I'll just say that my Duc is best bike I've ever owned and have ever ridden.  Nothing wrong with older bikes, nostalgia bikes, each has a place.  But so far as braking, handling, power, agility, balance, comfort, and styling it beats all of them.  Well OK, the Greenie is better looking and sounds better.   I hope the Duc holds up but so far it's been pretty flawless (however, I am crossing my fingers if I have cooling leak, might go for extended warranty).

4976AE66DE574FF89D0DE16CB47AE078.jpg

• Like 1

Well, what I meant was the video guy coulda' had a 1298, Desmosedici or some other double-throwdown Duc. The SS is very nice as it is, but it still seems to be about 500 wet. It fits me very nicely, but the buy-in and voiding the warranty by slipping a slipon on it were downers. I couldn't wait three years to hear the engine I was paying for! 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, po18guy said:

Well, what I meant was the video guy coulda' had a 1298, Desmosedici or some other double-throwdown Duc. The SS is very nice as it is, but it still seems to be about 500 wet. It fits me very nicely, but the buy-in and voiding the warranty by slipping a slipon on it were downers. I couldn't wait three years to hear the engine I was paying for! 

I didn't even see the SS in the video.  Perhaps we saw a different video?  The one I saw was the history of Ducati and didn't see any mention of the 939. 

The bike is about 450 wet, seems feather light and most agile bike I've ever owned.   It's also extremely stable, I can take my hands of the bars and wave both hands like Miss America.  You can purchase a slip-on kit Akra from Ducati, so it won't void the warranty.  And there are a few on the board that have done so,  replaced the exhaust flapper valve and cat, and put an electric widget to short the CEL.  I think the bike sounds great OEM, I wouldn't for a minute change out the exhaust since the stock unit looks great, sounds great, gives up little if any performance.  The cat however gets hot and weight about 10lb.  But believe me, you'll hear the engine.  It sounds great with OEM exhaust better than any showroom bike.

But you found the only drawback.  The bike only has 113 HP,  perhaps 100 at the rear wheel.  It would great to have 20 more HP if they could keep the agility and balance.  Actually the bikes isn't bad since I put on a smaller front sprocket and have 10k on it. It revs pretty good.  

I purchased mine used with standard suspension (I'm not an Ohlins guy) with factory saddlebags with 1300 miles on and a year's warranty left for about 30% off new.  I think  AMS Dallas had a couple more used ones.  

Now I cannot un-see LowRyter "waving with both hands like Miss America" from the seat of his red Ducati . . . :blink:

It's not a bad thing, just kinda freakie when the drummer does this sort of thing from behind the band. :grin:

• Haha 1