V 11 sport tail peices

Twin AH

They all interchange you simply have to have a metal tail latch cross brace for the later models.  What year do you have and what are you looking for?

I have one of each in good condition if you are looking for a replacement.

2 hours ago, griswoia said:

I Know becust I just swapped from a 2000 to a 2003.

Yes I have a later tail piece and the latch brace to fit to my Greenie one day. Its way lighter than the original.

Ciao

Im looking for a tail piece that will fit up oem to a 2001 V 11.

I know that I don't want to make a 2003/4/5 fit as there are issues.

Will the Greenie be the same tail piece as the Rosso Mandello?

I need that era of tail piece if so...Griswoia if you have one can you PM pics as well as what you would need for it?

Ciao

50 minutes ago, Twin AH said:

Im looking for a tail piece that will fit up oem to a 2001 V 11.

I know that I don't want to make a 2003/4/5 fit as there are issues.

Will the Greenie be the same tail piece as the Rosso Mandello?

I need that era of tail piece if so...Griswoia if you have one can you PM pics as well as what you would need for it?

Ciao

The changeover for the seat cowls was 2002. So you can fit the later type post 2001 to earlier if you have the additional mount rail and the plastic rear compartment as opposed to the plastic bag arrangement.

Ciao 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stewgnu said:

Is this the long horse-shoe bit of fairing or the whole thing?  This is a difference between models I wasn’t aware of

Its the base (horse shoe) piece that I'm looking for info on and yes there are differences.

I believe the one I'm after is the early model..( Heavy piece ) that has the bag affair bolted to the rear internal assembly.

Thx Phil

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Twin AH said:

Its the base (horse shoe) piece that I'm looking for info on and yes there are differences.

I believe the one I'm after is the early model..( Heavy piece ) that has the bag affair bolted to the rear internal assembly.

Thx Phil

Yep that's what I'm referring too. I refer to it as a seat cowl just because its just a decorative cowl piece and really has nothing to do with the seat as such. The factory call it a "tail" or "rear fairing" depending on the model,earlier or later.

This is the earlier one you're after up till 2002 by the parts manual.

Image result for guzzi V11 seat fairing

This is the 2002 and onwards.

rear-fairing-v11-ballabio.jpg

Ciao   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yep that's what I'm referring too. I refer to it as a seat cowl just because its just a decorative cowl piece and really has nothing to do with the seat as such. The factory call it a "tail" or "rear fairing" depending on the model,earlier or later.

This is the earlier one you're after up till 2002 by the parts manual.

Image result for guzzi V11 seat fairing

Ciao   

No.... I need the earlier one then.

Ciao

I'm curious about the change from the textile pouch to the internal shell. Is the later shell as much of a "monkey paw trap" as the earlier version?

(I once got hold of a couple OMRON High Current Relays in there and friends had to beat me unconscious so I would let go to get my hand out  . .  .  :rolleyes: )

10 minutes ago, docc said:

I'm curious about the change from the textile pouch to the internal shell. Is the later shell as much of a "monkey paw trap" as the earlier version?

(I once got hold of a couple OMRON High Current Relays in there and friends had to beat me unconscious so I would let go to get my hand out  . .  .  :rolleyes: )

I can check for you docc,I have one down in the garage. My plan was to upgrade the bike to the later tail(purely for weight savings) and the later in tank pump tank and get the whole lot painted.Problem is I cant use the later tank now with the Daytona engine as you loose too much steering lock and its reduced already.

Oh and for those interested the in tank pump tanks are 20mm longer from the front mounts to the front of the tank. From the front mounts to the rear mounts is the same. So they extended the front of the tank when they went to the longer frame. I suspect if you fitted the later tank to the earlier frame you would lose some steering lock as well.

Ciao 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, docc said:

NO,, but did find a 13mm spanner in the Greenie, not perfect for loose bits.

Cheers tom.

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Ciao   

Was sorely tempted by a nice red '04 Ballabio tail unit on eBay - but someone else snagged it first. Mine is identical to this one, but with red tank and fairing. Oh, those artistic, pragmatic (wacky) Italians!

"Heya Carlo, whatsa color dat taila piece we hava left to put ona dis red Ballaaaabio? Blue? Atsa all right. Goa get it denn."  

• Haha 1