Quat D UK

Steve S

I've bought a Greenie today that has a Quat D exhaust fitted, not sure if i'm going to keep the exhaust so was wondering what I could expect to sell it for and if it would be enough to buy a replacement, I would need a complete system of some sorts

I've got a set of chrome or aluminum or satin black cans.  Yeah I've gone through a few exhausts.  Would swap with you and throw in a new mistral crossover.  That would be everything you'd need.  Let me know if you are interested I'll send pix of the options.

I've never had the quat d but like the idea.

I think you find the Quat D to quite valuable to the right person if you want cash. And as griswoia offered above, you can probably get a complete system in trade.

5 hours ago, griswoia said:

I've got a set of chrome or aluminum or satin black cans.  Yeah I've gone through a few exhausts.  Would swap with you and throw in a new mistral crossover.  That would be everything you'd need.  Let me know if you are interested I'll send pix of the options.

I've never had the quat d but like the idea.

The images I've seen the quad D uses it own headers. It may have OEM headers option,not sure but it would be worthwhile to check.

Ciao

9 hours ago, Steve S said:

I've bought a Greenie today that has a Quat D exhaust fitted, not sure if i'm going to keep the exhaust so was wondering what I could expect to sell it for and if it would be enough to buy a replacement, I would need a complete system of some sorts

Price out the exhaust system you'd rather have and sell the D for that price. As was said, someone who want's it will buy it... they are rare.

For myself, the visual charm of the Spine frame is preserved and enhanced by the use of a high quality dual exhaust system.

Congrat's on the new bike! show her off when you get 5 minutes!:)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, footgoose said:

Price out the exhaust system you'd rather have and sell the D for that price. As was said, someone who want's it will buy it... they are rare.

For myself, the visual charm of the Spine frame is preserved and enhanced by the use of a high quality dual exhaust system.

Congrat's on the new bike! show her off when you get 5 minutes!:)

Yes personally I think the quad d  look effing horrible, but to each his own.

Ciao

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yes personally I think the quad d  look effing horrible, but to each his own.

Ciao

It looks like something that was intended to be covered by a lower fairing.

40 minutes ago, po18guy said:

It looks like something that was intended to be covered by a lower fairing.

To me it looks like something that is on a petrol driven cement mixer. Mufflers are such a style cue on a motorcycle,they can completely change the whole style of a bike. While I'm having a soap box sermon I also hate with a passion wrapped headers on just about any bike. Ugly as sin and totally pointless.

Ciao

• Like 1

Less work than cleaning and polishing headers. Knowing the properties of stainless, I suspect that more than a few are shocked by corrosion pinholes in their formerly wrapped headers. Ooops.

22 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

To me it looks like something that is on a petrol driven cement mixer. Mufflers are such a style cue on a motorcycle,they can completely change the whole style of a bike. While I'm having a soap box sermon I also hate with a passion wrapped headers on just about any bike. Ugly as sin and totally pointless.

Ciao

Quite! The Quat D always looked like some sort of tween-wars biscuit tin with a couple of holes punched in it! I could never work out how it was supposed to work either!?

As for pipe wrap? Just don't get me started.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1