Jump to content
Pressureangle

Adjustable voltage regulator?

Recommended Posts

I did some forum searching but didn't come up with enough information to satisfy my curiosity;

What is the stock '97 1100 Sport-i charging system?
What type regulator?
What do you see for charging voltage?
Has anyone sourced an adjustable regulator? 
Curious. Went to start today, Lithium battery has apparently departed; never really had as much reserve as I'd have liked anyway. I'll probably go with Odyssey, but I did like the light weight under the seat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve long been fond of saying the V11 has a charging system like a G-string. Adds excitement, but doesn’t like the cold...:grin:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, docc said:

I’ve long been fond of saying the V11 has a charging system like a G-string. Adds excitement, but doesn’t like the cold...:grin:

Well, it's 78* and sunny here...Kinda like a stripper, though- looks great but can't ride it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how similar/same the 1100 Sport-i and V11 charging system are. Have you compared parts numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

I did some forum searching but didn't come up with enough information to satisfy my curiosity;

What is the stock '97 1100 Sport-i charging system?
What type regulator?
What do you see for charging voltage?
Has anyone sourced an adjustable regulator? 
Curious. Went to start today, Lithium battery has apparently departed; never really had as much reserve as I'd have liked anyway. I'll probably go with Odyssey, but I did like the light weight under the seat. 

Removing the battery entirely takes what, 1.5% off the weight?

2 hours ago, docc said:

I’ve long been fond of saying the V11 has a charging system like a G-string. Adds excitement, but doesn’t like the cold...:grin:

Yeah, but the high beams still work.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought you'd enjoy that one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, po18guy said:

Thought you'd enjoy that one...

Makes me think somebody should bump sign216's thread . . .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When headlight aim is off , it calls for (Ahem!) manual adjustment.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, po18guy said:

Removing the battery entirely takes what, 1.5% off the weight?

 

Now put that 1.5% on the end of a lever the height of the battery. It's noticeable.
No, it doesn't really matter. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...