V11 Timing Chain Cover Help!

maxv11

There is a complete V11 engine for sale on ebay right now. That's an extreme option, but if you wanted some other spares, it could make sense.

2 hours ago, Steve S said:

Made a start on my greenie restoration and guess what? broken engine mount n/s only one bolt holding the engine in, so we now need 2 timing covers

Sorry for the news mate. I wish I had access to a 3d scanner and could have someone aluminum print us them! Would honestly be cheaper than getting a used one...that's already broken haha. 

2 hours ago, Scud said:

There is a complete V11 engine for sale on ebay right now. That's an extreme option, but if you wanted some other spares, it could make sense.

I believe I saw this as well and considered it for a split second...then closed that tab lol.

8 hours ago, Bastiaan Sponton said:

Maybe you contact Stein-Dinze in Germany or TLM in The Netherlands. Maybe they know where to find one. I know about TLM that they buy old bikes and sell it for parts. And their network is large. I did look in some different shops here in the Netherlands but nothing. 

Thanks for checking mate, I can contact those two places you mentioned and see if they have hands on one..now two perhaps. 

12 hours ago, Bastiaan Sponton said:

Maybe you contact Stein-Dinze in Germany or TLM in The Netherlands. Maybe they know where to find one. I know about TLM that they buy old bikes and sell it for parts. And their network is large. I did look in some different shops here in the Netherlands but nothing. 

Just be aware that the prices TLM charge are eye watering in comparison to just about every other seller. I look at Guzzi second hand parts every day on a world wide basis and the money TLM ask for new and second hand parts borders on the ridiculous. 

Personally I'd try HMB Guzzi in Germany first and keep an eye out on Ebay if your're not in a hurry.

Ciao

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Just be aware that the prices TLM charge are eye watering in comparison to just about every other seller. I look at Guzzi second hand parts every day on a world wide basis and the money TLM ask for new and second hand parts borders on the ridiculous. 

Personally I'd try HMB Guzzi in Germany first and keep an eye out on Ebay if your're not in a hurry.

Ciao

Indeed. Many’s the time i’ve clicked thru to their website only to shuffle away again...

8 minutes ago, stewgnu said:

Indeed. Many’s the time i’ve clicked thru to their website only to shuffle away again...

Their ebay store is the same. You look at their prices and just wonder who would be prepared to pay in a lot of cases 10X the going rate. The owner of TLM now has a property and lives here in Australia I believe.

Ciao

I find that odd. I use TLM a lot for later stuff, in fact all of my 8V stuff comes from them pretty much. Yup I get a pretty good discount but even so I generally find their prices are within a few € of most of the other suppliers and their site is easily navigable and ordering is simple. It may be different for older stuff of course but I have limited involvement with that now and try to limit my work to bikes made in this millennium! I order five figures worth of stuff a year off them though so, as I said, I get a reasonable discount.

43 minutes ago, pete roper said:

I find that odd. I use TLM a lot for later stuff, in fact all of my 8V stuff comes from them pretty much. Yup I get a pretty good discount but even so I generally find their prices are within a few € of most of the other suppliers and their site is easily navigable and ordering is simple. It may be different for older stuff of course but I have limited involvement with that now and try to limit my work to bikes made in this millennium! I order five figures worth of stuff a year off them though so, as I said, I get a reasonable discount.

Well I just bought a brand new V11 oil cooler for $93AU plus shipping off ebay. TLM also have one on ebay,brand new.Their price $621AU plus shipping. I really dont understand their pricing policy but its a free market and you can ask what you want I guess.

Its a shame really as they seem to have a lot of older stock and I'd buy from them as its nice to have a stock of spares for us long term committed owners but their pricing is just not competitive on the older stuff.   

Ciao