Depending on the spring, you may or may not freeze your nuts off crossing the prairies, the mountain passes are a whole other story, perhaps swinging south would be a good idea. Good luck! DonG

1 hour ago, Don G said:

Depending on the spring, you may or may not freeze your nuts off crossing the prairies, the mountain passes are a whole other story, perhaps swinging south would be a good idea. Good luck! DonG

Dang, Canada must be literally littered with said frozen nuts!  :o   Not sure dipping into the northern tier of The States would keep them any better intact without grazing the Gulf Coast.

Y'all come, now, ya hear? :sun:

Indeed Docc ... a proliferation of (mostly) frozen nuts this time of year - but nothing a portable hair-drier couldn't thaw (on my top-five of usefull things to carry on longer journeys ... not that I have much hair, or would care what it looked like even if I did) ... but most excellent boot-driers on those damper days should motel x not offer in-room microwave ..! I have ridden through snow in AB during June in the past (seriously) ... hardy bunch we Canadians are!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

About the only month that you can count out snow happening is July, perhaps riding across Canada should be left until a little later in the season like late May or June....   DonG

23 minutes ago, Gio said:

Indeed Docc ... a proliferation of (mostly) frozen nuts this time of year - but nothing a portable hair-drier couldn't thaw (on my top-five of usefull things to carry on longer journeys ... not that I have much hair, or would care what it looked like even if I did) ... but most excellent boot-driers on those damper days should motel x not offer in-room microwave ..! I have ridden through snow in AB during June in the past (seriously) ... hardy bunch we Canadians are!

Great idea Gio! I have just the right (little) one. Must remember to not set boot on fire. Glove too.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Don G said:

About the only month that you can count out snow happening is July, perhaps riding across Canada should be left until a little later in the season like late May or June....   DonG

I seem to remember someone telling me there are two seasons in Canada, "July and winter" . . . :oldgit:

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 1:42 PM, LangleyMalc said:

Gord senior is now retired and Gord junior went before him and the shop no longer carries Guzzi. I also bought my Balabio from him in 2004  and had my old Cal II serviced and repaired there. A pity he retired as he was good - now we have International Motorsport, who have no inventory of parts (“Got to come fromPiaggio Bud”) and no in depth knowledge of the marque! Also while willing to tackle anything, not cheap and therefore at your cost. They are however a bit closer. 

Now I am retired I have the time to do the bulk of the work myself and with three bikes available, one should be running! Right now the Balabio (the one my daughter has stolen) is waiting for a starter but otherwise is sorted and the Cal 1400 goes fine. On that one, it developed a problem with the ignition switch and anti theft system (dongle) last year at about 18k km, which by the time International had finished cost $2,500 including a new dash. The previous owner had put in a personal security code and no one knew what it was!  Apparently you can’t put in a master override code to pair the new lock set with the original dash so I then ended up with a new lock set and a new dash! Lovely idea this dongle to prevent theft, but not much use if it can’t be overridden. 

Just an FYI in regards to some M/G work Gords son Matt has always treated me pretty good with my herd.

He is based out of Chilliwack and worth a chat if you ever need some work done.

Oh and maybe we will run into each other one day as I'm out in the valley burning fuel and rubber on a regular bases....  :bike:

Enjoy your Stelvio I know I love mine....   Ciao