A separate question. On the top of my rear shock is a 10mm long bolt. It secures the top of the shock and has about 15mm of threaded bolt sticking out on the left side but there is no lock nut on it. There are yellow paint marks on the end of the threaded section, so my question is should there be a lock nut or castellated nut on the end of this bolt?
thanks in advance. 
M. 

27373C87-626B-4708-8A26-EE5535B3FCDB.jpeg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well the Stelvio is finally in BC.  In the end I had to give up on riding  it across from PEI as the people of the Atlantic Canada Bubble do not want the rest of Canada visiting them except for essent

A separate question. On the top of my rear shock is a 10mm long bolt. It secures the top of the shock and has about 15mm of threaded bolt sticking out on the left side but there is no lock nut on it.

I have to admit to knowing a bit about fish and chips being English and also having been to St John’s before and they are up there, but no mushy peas. The trip starts in April and I will make it part

Posted Images

My vote would be NyLoc self-locking nut. :luigi:

Good find, there, LangleyMalc!  :thumbsup:   That would make me keep looking . . . :huh:

• Like 1

A separate question. On the top of my rear shock is a 10mm long bolt. It secures the top of the shock and has about 15mm of threaded bolt sticking out on the left side but there is no lock nut on it. There are yellow paint marks on the end of the threaded section, so my question is should there be a lock nut or castellated nut on the end of this bolt?
Yes,🤔 I think a Nyloc is in order. Can’t do any harm and one less thing to think about while tooling along at speeds close to but not over the posted limit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those tire pressures are far too low...your mileage is going to suck and quite honestly, unless you're riding offroad and want some absorption from fire roads, you're going to wear out your tires prematurely.  If the bike is vibrating at normal pressures, there's something wrong, lowering the pressure is just masking the issue.