V11 in tank fuel pump specs

maxv11

Hi all! Does anyone happen to know what the bar/PSI rating is on the in tank style fuel pumps? My 2003 V11 Ballabio brittle quick disconnect fittings are broken, the red and white ones on the pump plate. I’m having the pump plate machined to accept new threaded fittings. I’ve done this in the past with great results on another project. I am also going to install new inline 5/16 fuel line quick disconnects but don’t want to get some that cannot handle the psi of the injection system. I see some steel ones that look sweet but at $40 per that’s a tad high. There’s also cheap plastic ones but don’t want to cause a burst! Any info would be great! 

cheers 

max 

10 minutes ago, maxv11 said:

Hi all! Does anyone happen to know what the bar/PSI rating is on the in tank style fuel pumps? My 2003 V11 Ballabio brittle quick disconnect fittings are broken, the red and white ones on the pump plate. I’m having the pump plate machined to accept new threaded fittings. I’ve done this in the past with great results on another project. I am also going to install new inline 5/16 fuel line quick disconnects but don’t want to get some that cannot handle the psi of the injection system. I see some steel ones that look sweet but at $40 per that’s a tad high. There’s also cheap plastic ones but don’t want to cause a burst! Any info would be great! 

cheers 

max 

3 bar rated reg. Gates barricade 5/16 fuel hose is the gold standard.

Ciao 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

On my '03 V11 Lemans, I'm replacing the in-tank fuel pump gasket (leaks), hoses & fuel filter.  Any advice/thoughts are appreciated.

1. Is there a torque value for the pump to tank base gasket screws?

2. It is my understanding that the oem internal  tank hoses are not available...they appear to be a flexible plastic composition .  I am looking to replace these lines with an SAE30R10 rubber hose that is rated fuel submersible. 

3. Fuel injection hose clamps for in-tank use: Crimp or screw & nut type?

Thanks,

Art

1 Not that I know. That gasket is really thick.. just make sure it is compressed all around.

2 good idea

3 Take your pick, but make sure they have rolled edges.

Hi Chuck,

Goodennuff!

Thanks,

Art

12 hours ago, guzziart said:

Hi All,

On my '03 V11 Lemans, I'm replacing the in-tank fuel pump gasket (leaks), hoses & fuel filter.  Any advice/thoughts are appreciated.

2. It is my understanding that the oem internal  tank hoses are not available...they appear to be a flexible plastic composition .  I am looking to replace these lines with an SAE30R10 rubber hose that is rated fuel submersible. 

Thanks,

Art

You can get them here https://www.euromotoelectrics.com/product-p/fp-hosekit.htm

Along with other useful BMW and Guzzi stuff. 

Ciao

Hmmm , buddy there is submersible rubber hose in fuel injection systems ( US ) since the 80s .  A good vendor is Gates . I would use this and the fuel injection hose clamps ( screw/nut ) . I have them in most sizes in bundles . Don't remember the brand . also , look on aircraft parts vendors websites . They DO NOT sell WalMart quality s**t .

20 hours ago, Chuck said:

Hiya Art.. :D Small world, yes?

Chuck....Yes, especially when it is the MG world!

Lucky Phil...Thanks for the Euro Moto addy!  I forgot about them, several years ago I bought a valeo starter from them for another bike.  Anyway, I placed an order for the fuel hoses, their product is overall less expensive and I won't have to worry about bend radiuses.

Gstallons... I've got an "87SE too!

Have a good one & stay healthy,

Art

• Like 2

On 3/21/2020 at 7:30 AM, guzziart said:

Hi All,

Thanks,

Art

Look up places that do hydraulic hoses and fittings. They usually custom make hoses, and can crimp on the fittings, removing the worry about a screw-type clamp working loose.