Ozark Euro Raid, 28-30 May 2020

LowRyter

22 minutes ago, Chuck said:

They are 'nice' riding roads, but best? Naa. Of course, you may prefer different fish and chips than I do.. :huh2::oldgit:

Seems there is some matter of one's proclivity for "mushy peas" . . . :huh:

Riding the Ozarks is on my Gotta-Wanna-Do List!  :race:

Thanks, LowRyter! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'd say best.  Once you factor in traffic as well as the scenery, condition of the roads, site views, technical riding and quaint places.    Colorado is close but there are fewer roads over the mountains and more congestion.  The Smokys have too much traffic.  Haven't done N Ga.  There are places in N Cali and Sierras that might be good but I would guess more like Colorado.  So Cal seems pretty crowded.  

So I am open to "probably better roads".  There should be a thread about it I suppose.

• Like 1

N Cali and Sierras that might be good but I would guess more like Colorado.  So Cal seems pretty crowded.  

You'd be guessing wrong. :D California roads are as good as you get in the states. I've been everywhere, man.. wrote a song about it. :oldgit: SoCal *is* crowded.. on the weekends. During the week, I pretty much have the canyons to myself. Don't get me wrong.. I love NW Arkansas, too, along with Colorado, the Virginias, Carolinas and N. Georgia. Too many frost heaves in the green and white mountains of the Northeast takes them off the list.

My favorite road of all time used to be Beartooth pass from Red Lodge to Yellowstone, although fairly rough. The scenery is freakin awesome, though. Then, I rode 180 east of Visalia, Ca. Up to the top of the mountain range and back down, glass smooth pavement, maybe 50 yards is the longest straight. Talk about technical.. California  roads are hard to beat.

• Like 1

I'd like to make those rides for sure.  I think that Ark has many roads to explore.  Perhaps not one or two of the  great and famous roads but dozens of really good ones.  Also in Mizzery.

My favorite ride is the Tenn Dragon and following 28 in NC.  But you have to pick the right day and won't have many alternative routes.  

• 2 months later...

I'd like to do some Ozark roads.  Shouldn't be lots of traffic.    <_<

the motel is still open @ $65 a night.   hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm