fork seals

kjrowe

17 hours ago, kjrowe said:

trying to find the size of my fork seals for the tenni ta

Ohlins or Marzocchi design #1 or design #2 ?

@gstallons: Marzocchi design #1 or design #2 ?

they are marzocchis  please explain the difference between the #1 and #2 I have found some seals with luck they are the correct size.

will let you know once the job is done thanks

I'm not near anything to dhow you the difference . the fork caps are visibly different . Hopefully someone will show pics . I found this out when I ordered seals , bushings , etc . for mine . The 2002/2003ish V11 Sport . I can't remember if the bare aluminum / black upper fork is a factor  or not . 

18 minutes ago, gstallons said:

I'm not near anything to dhow you the difference . the fork caps are visibly different . Hopefully someone will show pics . I found this out when I ordered seals , bushings , etc . for mine . The 2002/2003ish V11 Sport . I can't remember if the bare aluminum / black upper fork is a factor  or not . 

Good point, here. Early V11 (1999-2002 + early-2003-carryovers) are smaller diameter forks than the later V11 Marzocchi  . . .

Is it 41 mm, then 43 mm?

Either way, the 2002 Tenni should be the early V11 Marzocchi  spec . . . , yes?

I'm going to digress slightly here; I'm searching for seals & dust caps for my Griso & rather than use OEM wanted to try SKF seals, which I've heard good things about. But I haven't found a source yet. Any pointers ?

Whatever you do , make sure you do NOT damage the bore of the fork where the seal goes into the fork tube . When you install , lube everything liberally going back together . Use the be$t fluid and measure it exact when it goes together, use good towels & gloves to keep ANYTHING foreign away .  Don't be upset if they leak . They will do this for about a month or two . 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nobleswood said:

I'm going to digress slightly here; I'm searching for seals & dust caps for my Griso & rather than use OEM wanted to try SKF seals, which I've heard good things about. But I haven't found a source yet. Any pointers ?

Mmmmm . If you can get #s , you can see about different brands . Check different vendors and see what they have to offer . Unless there is something super out there , I would go back w/OEM .