Bar End Weights Recommendation

Kane

Thank you! I just checked that out and yes it makes a difference, definitely reduces the Longhorn effect! 

Why didn’t I think of that, sitting in front of me all this time! :homer:

Out for the country and in for the city? And no restrictions on the brake lever like when turning the stems up. Cheers!

Hi Kane - here's another pic showing (what I think) are the stock end-weights on factory bars (removed mine many years ago after installing Magni - so memory fades as they say ...) - after removal of little rubber grommets (shown) you can see the internal grip mechanism inside - but not a hex as I was expecting to see ..? End weights are approx. 1" long (corks added in the interest of the familiarity of how we do things around here ... as much info as possible - with a little fun now and then!)

Gio

DSC04251.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks, Gio!

The actual weights extend up inside the black tube from the "knobs." They can be a booger to get loose.

#19:

Handlebar--Controls-MOTO-GUZZI-MOTO-GUZZ

• Like 1

Gio, that’s a very nice pice of kit.

Docc, thanks for the illustration! So it’s not a short end piece with an expanding rubber spacer like the aftermarket ones seem to be. How does the weight/rod attach to the inside of the bar?

33 minutes ago, Kane said:

Gio, that’s a very nice pice of kit.

Docc, thanks for the illustration! So it’s not a short end piece with an expanding rubber spacer like the aftermarket ones seem to be. How does the weight/rod attach to the inside of the bar?

The weights screw into the open tube of Assembly #2. As I recall, with a rather fine thread. The difficulty arises as the outer, black, tube is isolated from the inboard silver assembly and it is difficult to anchor the black outboard tube to extract the weight from the inside.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2020 at 11:40 AM, Gio said:

Hi Gio, can I purchase the bar end weights?

DSC04251.JPG

Hi Shaun - thanks for the offer (Kane had also asked) - but would prefer them to stay with original bars as - subject to sale of the bike - am offering the complete set (and also stock mirrors) in the classified section ...

Gio

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...