V11 Tenni

Guzzicruiser

What do you all think about how these are regarded in general among all the other V11s produced over the years? Are they special or just another run like the Ballabio, Nero, Scura, etc...? Thoughts?

d6443800b994f5974c4ee341e3734c70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I for one think they are quite special. It is pretty much the same as any LM but the look of it to me is outstanding. It has the extra suede seat, titanium nitride coated fork tubes and a (not so good) aluminum flywheel with a single plate clutch. I believe it was produced in the lowest numbers (except Copa) of all the specials, 170 worldwide. 35-40 in the US.

• Like 2

Is that your Tenni? How long have you owned it?

Desirability/collect-ability? I think Tenni fits in something like this... just My Opinion... (don't be hurt anyone please):helmet:

Scura R

Copa

Rosso/Nero Corsa

Tenni/Scura

Cafe Sport

Rosso Mandello

Early (red frame) Sport

LeMans

Sport

As time passes the Tenni will move up the list for rarity. Of all the specials edition models, the Tenni has the best 'back story' in the Moto Guzzi racing history of their champion Omobono Tenni.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course it’s “special” -  name one V11 which isn’t?

However, there’s one quality which stands out which  “models” are special - the ones equipped special - those running Ohlin’s.

That said, imo the Tenni model is uniquely special - as the only V11 to ever have raced at the Isle of Man TT 🇮🇲 

Bravo! Respect.

7259DDC8-92CE-409C-9E35-5FB959F3B92F.jpeg

• Like 2

Is that your Tenni? How long have you owned it?
Desirability/collect-ability? I think Tenni fits in something like this... just My Opinion... (don't be hurt anyone please):helmet:
Scura R
Copa
Rosso/Nero Corsa
Tenni/Scura
Cafe Sport
Rosso Mandello
Early (red frame) Sport
LeMans
Sport
As time passes the Tenni will move up the list for rarity. Of all the specials edition models, the Tenni has the best 'back story' in the Moto Guzzi racing history of their champion Omobono Tenni.
image.jpeg.2241e39f9d7994f0c1f4cba8cc12015e.jpeg

As a matter of fact it is my Tenni. I’ve had it for about 4 years and it had been on my list to buy for a long time. They don’t come up for sale all that often so when this one came up I grabbed it. I have a Stelvio and a V7 II also but this one to me is really special. I’ve loved the V11 LM since they came out and the Tenni to me is the pinnacle of the iteration - maybe not technically but stylistically so. I posted to hear what others think or if it was just me?

• Like 1

Of course it’s “special” -  name one V11 which isn’t?
However, there’s one quality which stands out which  “models” are special - the ones equipped special - those running Ohlin’s.
That said, imo the Tenni model is uniquely special - as the only V11 to ever have raced at the Isle of Man TT  

Bravo! Respect.
7259DDC8-92CE-409C-9E35-5FB959F3B92F.thumb.jpeg.f3529185e0d33a3642a9f45c0c06a1be.jpeg

True on any V11 being special. I mean - seriously, when was the last time you saw a Guzzi on the road let alone a V11?? So yeah, I get that. I guess I was asking more specifically, within the breed - among V11s in general how are they regarded?

Cool about the IOM entry! Who cares how it placed? Respect!

1 hour ago, footgoose said:

Scura R

Copa

Rosso/Nero Corsa

Tenni/Scura

Cafe Sport

Rosso Mandello

Early (red frame) Sport

LeMans

Sport

I note that most desirable of all is the V11 Ballabio.

Hey, wait just a minute!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, po18guy said:

I note that most desirable of all is the V11 Ballabio.

Hey, wait just a minute!!!

I would agree... but my blibblob is pretty much a sport now due to no fairing and clip-ons. 

Love the paint job on a tenni though- gorgeous shade of green

• Like 4

14 hours ago, stewgnu said:

I would agree... but my blibblob is pretty much a sport now due to no fairing and clip-ons. 

Love the paint job on a tenni though- gorgeous shade of green

It's that legendary Italian Racing Green, huh? :rolleyes:

On March 13, 2020 at 8:57 PM, LowRyter said:

a252f1f8a4630643a81aa35be9bce97e.jpg

The only recorded case where a V11 felt "lighter than air" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I never heard of Ashley Law, not knew of anyone ever racing V11.  So when I tried to read about, all I could find was these photos.  I found that IoM keeps extensive photos of competitors for each annual event online.   

I would like to read about him and the venture.  So, if anyone has a link to the story, it would be great.  The bike looks surprisingly stock / street legal, right down to having mufflers- even minimal stickers.  

45 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

I never heard of Ashley Law, not knew of anyone ever racing V11.  So when I tried to read about, all I could find was these photos.  I found that IoM keeps extensive photos of competitors for each annual event online.   

I would like to read about him and the venture.  So, if anyone has a link to the story, it would be great.  The bike looks surprisingly stock / street legal, right down to having mufflers- even minimal stickers.  

I can't find anything either.

a flash of a greenie... behind a car and a RC51? wish I could understand, they sound excited

• Haha 1