V11 Tenni

Guzzicruiser

The Tenni is pretty special. But comparing it to a Scura is a stretch. The Tenni was a paint scheme, cool seat and some other little tidbit to tilt its hat to Guzzi's history. 

The Scura was last of the true "hotrod" Guzzis. Ohlins, racing explode-o-matc flywheel (hey, I can joke about it. I own one), carbon bits, etc.

The Nero Corsa, Corsa Rossa, Cafe Sport, etc were mere upgrades like how Ducati goes from a Standard model to an S model.  

Do you still have the Kaboom flywheel or the improved one . If you have the OEM , that's like riding around with a dissected aorta !

Uhhh honestly I’m not sure. Any way to easily tell without taking the engine apart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Rox Lemans said:

The Tenni is pretty special. But comparing it to a Scura is a stretch. The Tenni was a paint scheme, cool seat and some other little tidbit to tilt its hat to Guzzi's history. 

The Scura was last of the true "hotrod" Guzzis. Ohlins, racing explode-o-matc flywheel (hey, I can joke about it. I own one), carbon bits, etc.

The Nero Corsa, Corsa Rossa, Cafe Sport, etc were mere upgrades like how Ducati goes from a Standard model to an S model.  

viewed through that filter, all the V11s are the same, ...with varying paint scheme, and tidbits to make it different, and all to arrive near the same price point. If adding Ohlins to a RC, NC, CS is a mere upgrade, then so it be on a Scura. Tho not a limited edition a Cafe Sport is a newer Scura, but with an unfortunate name and all the Scura flaws removed. The later Ohlins is even improved.

my list is just what I think will pan out over the years. 170 Tenni, 600 Scura. One collector will value the more rare, another will want Ohlins. I don't care how it turns out. I bought mine for the look of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guzzicruiser said:

Uhhh honestly I’m not sure. Any way to easily tell without taking the engine apart?

MMMM. look through the inspection port and see if you can see the flywheel . See if you can get a magnet to stick .

18 minutes ago, gstallons said:

MMMM. look through the inspection port and see if you can see the flywheel . See if you can get a magnet to stick .

It rather surprised ,me when I took my V11 clutch apart, that the toothed plate that has the teeth for the starter to move is not actually the "flywheel" (like the old American V8s I am used to).  The V11 "flywheel" is actually really deep in and anchored to the back of the crankshaft.

Pretty sure there is no way to get a magnet onto that surface (?) :huh2:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, docc said:

It rather surprised ,me when I took my V11 clutch apart, that the toothed plate that has the teeth for the starter to move is not actually the "flywheel" (like the old American V8s I am used to).  The V11 "flywheel" is actually really deep in and anchored to the back of the crankshaft.

Pretty sure there is no way to get a magnet onto that surface (?) :huh2:

I have not looked in there but the timing marks on the flywheel must be visible, yeah?

4 hours ago, Guzzicruiser said:

How many previous owners? How many miles? If no info was passed down to you regarding a prior clutch replacement, chances are it's the original. There is much info here regarding the aluminum flywheel installed oem into Rosso Mandello, Tenni and Scura. There are remedies.

How many previous owners? How many miles? If no info was passed down to you regarding a prior clutch replacement, chances are it's the original. There is much info here regarding the aluminum flywheel installed oem into Rosso Mandello, Tenni and Scura. There are remedies.

Two prior owners. No info about the flywheel.
Voltage regulator (Ducati 916)
crinkle paint on engine under recall nothing about the flywheel...

8 minutes ago, Guzzicruiser said:

Two prior owners. No info about the flywheel.
Voltage regulatoremoji736.png (Ducati 916)
crinkle paint on engine under recallemoji736.png nothing about the flywheel...
emoji2373.png

thats cool the paint was fixed. that probably happened before the flywheel fiasco erupted so doubtful it was swapped then. I rode my Tenni almost 13k mi before swapping the clutch and flywheel and there was no indication of damage on the flywheel. I think many have done many more miles with no problems. And as I've said before, there's no guarantee it will fall apart, but the fact that it might... and that some have... was enough for me to do a swap. What Limited Edition number is yours?

thats cool the paint was fixed. that probably happened before the flywheel fiasco erupted so doubtful it was swapped then. I rode my Tenni almost 13k mi before swapping the clutch and flywheel and there was no indication of damage on the flywheel. I think many have done many more miles with no problems. And as I've said before, there's no guarantee it will fall apart, but the fact that it might... and that some have... was enough for me to do a swap. What Limited Edition number is yours?

Mine is #133 and has 14,000 miles

8 hours ago, Guzzicruiser said:

Its fairly easy to tell through the inspection plug if you know what to look for. I tried getting images of my new engine with the single plate clutch and the old twin plater but couldnt get anything meaningful with the camera through the hole.

Ciao

9 hours ago, footgoose said:

viewed through that filter, all the V11s are the same, ...with varying paint scheme, and tidbits to make it different, and all to arrive near the same price point. If adding Ohlins to a RC, NC, CS is a mere upgrade, then so it be on a Scura. Tho not a limited edition a Cafe Sport is a newer Scura, but with an unfortunate name and all the Scura flaws removed. The later Ohlins is even improved.

my list is just what I think will pan out over the years. 170 Tenni, 600 Scura. One collector will value the more rare, another will want Ohlins. I don't care how it turns out. I bought mine for the look of it.

Have to agree with footgoose here.  I’ve had various suspensions, flyscreens and handlebar setups on mine- haven’t discerned any major differences beyond tailoring for my own comfort/preferences.   They’re all the same bike- I think it really does come down to what colour do you like!  

Never used the larger fairing though and I bet there’s a real difference there (nicer at speed?  Bit more mph?)

It's easy enough to see the difference looking through the porthole if you know what to look for. Someone recently posted pix of just that on WG, but I can't find it..