V11 Tenni

Guzzicruiser

11 hours ago, footgoose said:

I have not looked in there but the timing marks on the flywheel must be visible, yeah?

Hmm, true that. I don't know why I thought that part of the flywheel was steel, while the friction surface was aluminum. Now that seems like such an implausible notion.

Anyone with an original single plate flywheel (Rosso Mandello, Scura, Tenni) willing to put a magnet through the timing hole?

18 hours ago, footgoose said:

viewed through that filter, all the V11s are the same, ...with varying paint scheme, and tidbits to make it different, and all to arrive near the same price point. If adding Ohlins to a RC, NC, CS is a mere upgrade, then so it be on a Scura. Tho not a limited edition a Cafe Sport is a newer Scura, but with an unfortunate name and all the Scura flaws removed. The later Ohlins is even improved.

my list is just what I think will pan out over the years. 170 Tenni, 600 Scura. One collector will value the more rare, another will want Ohlins. I don't care how it turns out. I bought mine for the look of it.

I don't think you're seeing my point. They are special. And not every V11 is the same. And if you think through my perspective All V11s are the same? Well, I guess all V11s are special. All hand built Italian bikes with all of them being slightly different. Touchè. 

Oh, by the way.. I personally thing Guzzi fudged their numbers and made waaaaaay more than 170 Tennis and a heck of a lot more than 600 Scuras.  Like when I went to Marcus Dairy in CT and 2 guys had the same numbered Special Edition Ducati Sport Classic. 

And I love Tennis too. One of my bucket list bikes. 

19 hours ago, gstallons said:

Do you still have the Kaboom flywheel or the improved one . If you have the OEM , that's like riding around with a dissected aorta !

Definitely replaced and running strong. 👊😉

I don't think you're seeing my point. They are special. And not every V11 is the same. And if you think through my perspective All V11s are the same? Well, I guess all V11s are special. All hand built Italian bikes with all of them being slightly different. Touchè. 
Oh, by the way.. I personally thing Guzzi fudged their numbers and made waaaaaay more than 170 Tennis and a heck of a lot more than 600 Scuras.  Like when I went to Marcus Dairy in CT and 2 guys had the same numbered Special Edition Ducati Sport Classic. 

Wait - whaaaat? Two special edition Ducati SCs with the same # on the triple clamp?? I’d have to see that to believe it. I don’t know if I believe MG would do that either. I sure hope not that’s just NOT COOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rox Lemans said:

yeah, I probably didn't see your point. You probably didn't see mine. such is life in the interweb eh? I have been known to miss the mark on occasion. <_< Just doin' my best to answer the op's query.

to the numbers.... 170 is all I've read/heard. Seems like they'rd be more of a mix up on the forums' Tenni regestry if there were more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guzzicruiser said:

If the clutch rattles when you pull the lever its a twin plate, if it rattles with the lever out its a single plate
Hmmm emoji848.png

this is true. however the single plate could have been replaced with a steel Ram single plate and still rattle when the lever is out.

1 hour ago, Guzzicruiser said:

Wait - whaaaat? Two special edition Ducati SCs with the same # on the triple clamp?? I’d have to see that to believe it. I don’t know if I believe MG would do that either. I sure hope not that’s just NOT COOL.

Ducati might've doubled up on special editions and fudged the numbers. 

My guess for Guzzi, given the popularity, if they made a special run of 200 bikes, they probably built just 100 and used only odd numbers on the serials just to appear popular.  :o

7 hours ago, Guzzicruiser said:

True story. Had the pic but it was 2009 of the same number triple clamps and the riders laughing about it.  Remember the Duc Sportclassic black and gold babies? Pretty bikes. 

True story. Had the pic but it was 2009 of the same number triple clamps and the riders laughing about it.  Remember the Duc Sportclassic black and gold babies? Pretty bikes. 

Yeah, I remember them - I HAD one! Wrecked unfortunately due to a texting teenager in her car...that’s a whole ‘nother story
71798a907bec3501f8016e5927a3c8e1.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chuck said:

Ok, here we go..dual plate

EV-dual-cluch-flywheel.jpg

Single plate..

EV-single-cluch-flywheel.jpg

Okay, how about the magnet test? (Not on the starter teeth, but on the side of the flywheel in front of that where the TDC marks are)....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guzzicruiser said:

Ok so here’s what I’ve got:
aa0c583d1823a195f3df0077ad95edd9.jpg

Sure looks like an aluminum flywheel to me!

Yep aluminium, you guys take way better images than me thats for sure but when I checked both my engines(one with and one without) thats the view I got of the ally unit and Chucks images also show the differences clearly. You can also slide a 6" steel rule into the hole and measure to the edge of the hole and see the differences in the depth as well but you need to be precise about where you take the measurements.

Ciao 

• Thanks 1