V11 Tenni

Guzzicruiser

When Pete bought the Mighty Scura and sent it to MPH to do some "maintenance" before he came to the states, one of the first things on the list was to replace the single plate clutch because of "some dangly bits" :D too close to the exploding flywheel.

6 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

Here's what my friends Scurra FW looked like after,

IMG_0930-M.jpg

These are great images, yet I was always confused by my misunderstandings until I got it all apart and realized my history with cars had me confused. If I am correct the image above is the front of the actual flywheel that mates to the crankshaft. The toothed ring/"chain ring" that is turned by starter is mounted behind this and is not the actual flywheel as in the cars I have been accustomed to.

Perhaps fueling my confusion, the flywheel is not numbered in the parts diagram for the clutch and is not actually considered part of the "clutch" assembly :

Clutch-MOTO-GUZZI-MOTO-GUZZI-MOTORCYCLES

The flywheel #19 (and "chain ring" #22) is, instead, shown with the crankshaft and piston/cylinder assembly:

Drive-shaft--Cylinder--Piston-MOTO-GUZZI

It probably has not helped that we have so often stated concerns about failure of the "single plate clutch" when, in fact, the clutch does not fail but the aluminum flywheel that was used with it on the Rosso Mandello, Scura, and Tenni  that is the singular fail point.

[Just a wee stab at some clarification for those that may be wading through our discourse. :nerd:]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

Here's the other side

IMG_0932-M.jpg

Good image of the rear aspect of the clutch assembly and "toothed gear." The flywheel is not visible from this side (correct?) as the clutch resides inside of it and the toothed gear/"chain ring" bolts to it.

Thank you, Sir! Just trying to contribute the outstanding documentation so others can put this to good use. 

Here is an image of the steel flywheel with the toothed gear/"chain ring" removed:

IMG_2592.jpg

And one showing the steel flywheel in the upper right:

IMG_2594.JPG

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bbolesaz said:

I'm confused about something - Is the starter ring on the tranny side of the clutch?  If so, does that mean that if I pull the clutch, the starter won't turn the engine?  Haven't tried it.

NO :rasta:

Cheers tom.

40 minutes ago, bbolesaz said:

I'm confused about something - Is the starter ring on the tranny side of the clutch?  If so, does that mean that if I pull the clutch, the starter won't turn the engine?  Haven't tried it.

This sounds like a brain fart question:) My bike wont engage the starter unless the clutch is pulled in to start with. Does that answer the question?

Ciao 

• Like 1