1 hour ago, Admin Jaap said:

I am a dialect speaker, and I have thick accent when I (try to) talk CCD (Common Civilized Dutch).
In my dialect I can hear if someone is from my small village or another village 10 kms away.

As far as foreign languages go: all of the stuff on Dutch TV is subtitled, so I've learned to recognize al lot of english and german accents. And peculiarities from several regions, which I gladly use to p*ss off the locals  :grin:

I am always impressed with how fluent Noraly from Icthy Boots is, even on complex topics.

Whenever I watch the Isle of Man, I can never understand anything when they interview those guys.  Half time I can't even understand the announcers.   They should use subtitles.  

Have you watched the film on the Dunlop bike racing family ? They are barely understandable :lol: Classic stuff !

• Like 3

Thanks to LowRyter for correctly quoting and attributing the paraphrase I posted on being "divided by a common language." George Bernard Shaw, one the greats!

The only thing I ever understood Joey Dunlop say was, "Hed doon, arse oop." :race:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 3/25/2020 at 6:31 AM, nobleswood said:

'Hed doon, arse oop'.       Head down, arse up :lol:

That is very nearly a complete American English translation. Yet, probably a good bet since "ass" means more than one thing to us . . . :huh:

brown-donkey-eating-hay.jpg

7 hours ago, 68C said:

Refers to going fast on a racing bike, crouched down over the tank.:bier:

I never saw Joey (R.I.P.) in any other position.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, stewgnu said:

oh jaysus- i realise there’s a lot of ‘mericans on here- it’s not what you’re thinkin...

Nicked my fekkin pint while I was out havin a fag...

That kind of stuff?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey guys... my local dealer just announced a deep discount on all parts in stock. I feed bad for them, and will probably buy some tires to show support, but also because supply chains are being disrupted around the world and methinks not too many motorcycle tires are made in America.