Damn.  I hope he's OK.

We are hunkered down here in Pennsylvania, USA.   Working on the garden and I hope to build a workbench in the garage.  If the rain ever stops, I'll get the bikes washed and do some maintenance.  My girlfriend has asthma and I've recently had a bout of neutropenia so we're both trying to be quite careful.  We've been exercising daily and I've given up beer for liquor in an effort to lose weight.  I'm down to my last jar of genuine West Virginia moonshine though so I'll have to make it last.  :)

• Like 1

Due to both Michael and I being in the High Risk category for complications I've pretty much shut the business down for the duration. We've got a couple of small jobs to do of our own but apart from that we're going batshit crazy at home.

Good news is the Mana will be ready for rego this week. Bad news is I won't be bothering until we're allowed to ride for fun again and that could be months off! Griso remains stone axe reliable so I can't do anything to that, (I could 1400 it, I have the parts but not the money right now.) so I suppose I have no option but to try and finish off the wretched Cali. Boy I wish I'd never clapped eyes on it! What was I thinking???

At least the stats seem to be indicating that Covid numbers are stabilising. Things won't get back to anything like normal though until there's a vaccine and that's a year away. I reckon we'll all of gone bonkers by then!

Arse!

• Like 1

It is what it is. If we have to sit around entertaining ourselves at home for six months to a year it will be pretty drac but it's better than risking going out and infecting someone who then dies. At the end of the day it's not about *Us* as individuals. If one good thing comes out of this it will perhaps be that people will start thinking about each other a bit more.

I'm also hoping that just maybe the disastrous economic fallout might make people reassess what is actually important in their lives and lower their expectations a bit. I've been very tired for years of overhearing 'Yummy Mummies' complaining about how tough they are doing it when their first house is a new five bedroom McMansion, they're driving a Range Rover as a grocery-getter, their husband's all have boats and Harleys and they themselves have $20,000 of fake tits nailed to their chests! It's all on the never-never and I'll bet they have credit cards that are all maxed out too. Sorry, if you're that profligate and incautious I find it very hard to be sympathetic if you can't pay your mortgage or electrickery bill when the world goes to shit.

Look after yerselves, look after others, especially the oldies, (Yeah, even older than us!) wash yer hands, don't go eating other people's boogers and stay the f*ck inside. It's not rocket science.

Chuck's building an aeroplane to keep himself busy. What are the rest of you lot doing?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, pete roper said:

Due to both Michael and I being in the High Risk category for complications I've pretty much shut the business down for the duration. We've got a couple of small jobs to do of our own but apart from that we're going batshit crazy at home.

Good news is the Mana will be ready for rego this week. Bad news is I won't be bothering until we're allowed to ride for fun again and that could be months off! Griso remains stone axe reliable so I can't do anything to that, (I could 1400 it, I have the parts but not the money right now.) so I suppose I have no option but to try and finish off the wretched Cali. Boy I wish I'd never clapped eyes on it! What was I thinking???

At least the stats seem to be indicating that Covid numbers are stabilising. Things won't get back to anything like normal though until there's a vaccine and that's a year away. I reckon we'll all of gone bonkers by then!

Arse!

You can write 2020 off I think Pete. cant agree more with regards to the Millennial attitude. I've been ready a biography on Churchills life, it's weighty tomb. It's sobering to considering the suffering and deprivation people suffered through much of the 20th century not to mention the wholesale slaughter of over 100,000,000 people. It's quite sobering to consider what our parents and grandparents went through in their lives and it provides my generation with a baseline when this sort of thing happens. Not sure my kids (17,21 and 32) are quite so philosophical about the present situation though, they've never known a time of wide spread deprivation. Mentioning to them that walking into a supermarket and having 50 choices of just about everything in there wasn't the world I grew up in when I was young does't seem to register with them, or that 25 different variations in a cup of bought coffee is something that maybe you can happily and meaningfully live without. I'm just an old duffer apparently, until something breaks of course,lol. 

Ciao      

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, paulnaz said:

Waiting on the tutorial and pictures from Chuck:rasta:

He's giving us a run down on another board we're both on. Ask nicely and I'm sure he'll post it up here too. The Man's  just too godamned smart for smart for his own good! :D

4 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

You can write 2020 off I think Pete. cant agree more with regards to the Millennial attitude. I've been ready a biography on Churchills life, it's weighty tomb. It's sobering to considering the suffering and deprivation people suffered through much of the 20th century not to mention the wholesale slaughter of over 100,000,000 people. It's quite sobering to consider what our parents and grandparents went through in their lives and it provides my generation with a baseline when this sort of thing happens. Not sure my kids (17,21 and 32) are quite so philosophical about the present situation though, they've never known a time of wide spread deprivation. Mentioning to them that walking into a supermarket and having 50 choices of just about everything in there wasn't the world I grew up in when I was young does't seem to register with them, or that 25 different variations in a cup of bought coffee is something that maybe you can happily and meaningfully live without. I'm just an old duffer apparently, until something breaks of course,lol. 

Ciao      

It's not so much the Millenials as the generation before who are late twenties to early thirties that bug me. They seem far more glib and 'Entitled' than the millenials, most of whom have been busting their arses in a casualised 'Gig' economy with no security of job or accomodation. My kids are 36, 35 and 26, sadly we're estranged from our oldest boy, (His choice not ours.) but the two younger ones are both helping out their neighbors and stuff. The youngster lives in Fitzroy and has for the last fortnight, (After he had to self isolate for a fortnight because a job site he was working on had bloke's who came to work after being diagnosed with the wretched virus.) has taken his 90 year old, tiny Polish woman neighbour under his wing and has been doing her shopping, taking her bins in and out and arranging nursing visits for her etc. because it's difficult for her to go out and of course everything is a shitfight at the moment. He's as hipster and millennial as they come, (Although he'd tear me an extra arsehole for saying so 😂) but he's a good kid. I reckon we drug him up well enough!😎

I just Hope kindness and compassion gets to be a bit more common and it's less about MEEE-MEEE-MEEEEEEE!

Anyway, enough! I'm going to go outside and start the Mana again just to hear it purr! I've missed it during the three or so years I owned the Stelvio and strangely enough I now miss the Stelvio not a jot! It was fun, but it didn't 'Speak' to me.

• Like 1

If we have to point at the worst generation, we can look at our own (Boomers).  I mean the promise of love and peace in the '60s has lead to horrific outcomes that have spiraled since the 1980s.  So I am more ashamed of my generation rather than criticizing the youngers'.    

I have no idea how this is coming out.  But I think a severe recession and even worse health outcomes for the next few years.  Then those younger folks will have to put it all back together.  

• Thanks 1
On 4/7/2020 at 4:57 PM, pete roper said:

It is what it is. If we have to sit around entertaining ourselves at home for six months to a year it will be pretty drac but it's better than risking going out and infecting someone who then dies. At the end of the day it's not about *Us* as individuals. If one good thing comes out of this it will perhaps be that people will start thinking about each other a bit more.

I'm also hoping that just maybe the disastrous economic fallout might make people reassess what is actually important in their lives and lower their expectations a bit. I've been very tired for years of overhearing 'Yummy Mummies' complaining about how tough they are doing it when their first house is a new five bedroom McMansion, they're driving a Range Rover as a grocery-getter, their husband's all have boats and Harleys and they themselves have $20,000 of fake tits nailed to their chests! It's all on the never-never and I'll bet they have credit cards that are all maxed out too. Sorry, if you're that profligate and incautious I find it very hard to be sympathetic if you can't pay your mortgage or electrickery bill when the world goes to shit.

Look after yerselves, look after others, especially the oldies, (Yeah, even older than us!) wash yer hands, don't go eating other people's boogers and stay the f*ck inside. It's not rocket science.

Chuck's building an aeroplane to keep himself busy. What are the rest of you lot doing?

There’s an awful lot to agree with here.

Pete Roper for president. 

• Like 1