New Zealand has just had a second COVID-19 death. We have all been asked to stay at home for 4 weeks unless we are essential, like staff in supermarkets, medical, police. We are now in our 2nd week of "lockdown" and it seems to be working. The recovery rate is now greater than the new cases rate. The borders are closed to all except returning residents, but they have to spend 2 weeks in their hotel room at the arrival port. Good job NZ Government, you have saved lives. Downside is working from home is not great.

On the plus side, I found a woman living in my house who claims to be my wife. She seems nice.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

A very large number of infections and deaths in Oz can be traced back to passengers who were rapidly and unceremoniously disembarked from one cruise ship in Sydney with no health, or even immigration checks! Someone needs to be held accountable for that. One has to think it was a case of 'Shit! Make this someone else's problem! Fast!' and the supervising agencies dropped the ball or simply didn't care.

Someone we know came back just before the border was closed and saw people completely flaunting the all ready imposed social distancing requirements at the arrivals lounge in Sydney airport. She approached a couple of Border Force boot-boys who were looking on and asked why they didn't try and do something bout it. Their sneering reply was, "Not our job. That's biosecurity." What a pack of bloody jobsworths! Not really surprising though. Look at the Minister responsible for their oversight. Dutton the Potato-Head! A slovenly would be autocrat with the social skills of a worm farm! God help us all!

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, pete roper said:

A very large number of infections and deaths in Oz can be traced back to passengers who were rapidly and unceremoniously disembarked from one cruise ship in Sydney with no health, or even immigration checks! Someone needs to be held accountable for that. One has to think it was a case of 'Shit! Make this someone else's problem! Fast!' and the supervising agencies dropped the ball or simply didn't care.

Someone we know came back just before the border was closed and saw people completely flaunting the all ready imposed social distancing requirements at the arrivals lounge in Sydney airport. She approached a couple of Border Force boot-boys who were looking on and asked why they didn't try and do something bout it. Their sneering reply was, "Not our job. That's biosecurity." What a pack of bloody jobsworths! Not really surprising though. Look at the Minister responsible for their oversight. Dutton the Potato-Head! A slovenly would be autocrat with the social skills of a worm farm! God help us all!

Totally agree Pete. Potato head is all big talk and bravado with asylum seekers and the like with his super portfolio which includes border security and Bio security but when his department overseen by him drops the ball, well its umbrella up and blame everybody else. Too much management and not enough leadership in this country. Everybody wants to be "the man" but nobody wants to accept the responsibility or the consequences. Remember back in the 80's when ministers were falling on their swords for breaches like bringing in an undeclared stuffed bear on an overseas trip. What a joke all these clowns are now.

Ciao    

8 hours ago, pete roper said:

I think the same thing happened times a thousand in the US.  Folks flew into the country, weren't tested and the disease penetrated without any hope of tracing or mitigating.  We still don't have adequate testing.  We have the most cases and the most deaths.  And someone says we can get the economy going in a few weeks.

• Like 1

The unfortunate thing here in the States . It id divided among party lines AFA the existence , lock-down , response , treatment , etc .

I am glad our Commonwealth has good leadership and is acting with good actions . I know there is a gigantic toll taking place with this lockdown . I am sorry . I really think this could have been "on the short rows" had it been acted upon quicker .

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Lockdown is finally easing here. Went a 400 mile run on Monday to the west coast, roads were very quiet, no caravans, Motorhomes etc to impede progress. Loved it, just what I needed. Pubs, hotels, campsites open next week. See what the “new normal” is then.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, cash1000 said:

I'm glad I live in New Zealand. Only 20 odd cases currently (All from overseas and isolated) Life fairly normal (No overseas travel) And its a great country for motorcycling 

You'd hardly notice a lock down in NZ would you. My first trip to NZ the flight got in late afternoon and I drove from Christchurch to Queenstown. Come 5 PM everything closed. The whole country seemed deserted.

Ciao  

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

You'd hardly notice a lock down in NZ would you. My first trip to NZ the flight got in late afternoon and I drove from Christchurch to Queenstown. Come 5 PM everything closed. The whole country seemed deserted.

Ciao  

They heard that an Aussie was coming! ;)

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, po18guy said:

They heard that an Aussie was coming! ;)

Na they would have all been out along my route to salute and throw down a bed of rose petals being an Aussie Guzzi rider:)

Ciao

• Haha 2
On 4/12/2020 at 7:35 AM, fotoguzzi said:

Chuck's building an aeroplane to keep himself busy. What are the rest of you lot doing?

im. Building a monster for the Art car parade..

IMG_1349-S.png

She's done.

2020060519464107-3000572826195713218-IMG

I'm going on my first art car cruise this weekend, and yes she can breathe fire!

2020060822071887--2505902426593009530-89

• Like 4