14 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

She's done.

2020060519464107-3000572826195713218-IMG

I'm going on my first art car cruise this weekend, and yes she can breathe fire!

2020060822071887--2505902426593009530-89

Wow! Fantastic! That is a very badass ride. Shades of Dr. No. Have you considered having a girl in a wet bikini with a diver’s knife running in front of you at the parade? 

• Haha 1
On 3/27/2020 at 10:17 PM, po18guy said:

Nicked my fekkin pint while I was out havin a fag...

That kind of stuff?

I put that into Google without safe search on... :blink:

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, swooshdave said:

I put that into Google without safe search on... :blink:

Speaking "Scottish" helps translate that. 

• Haha 1
  • 7 months later...

Nearly a year into this thread. Time enough to reflect. Much of that reflection is of a political nature or could be construed as such. We don't do that here on the forum  and that's not what this is about. Just a guy in Indianapolis and what it's like to look back. One life and his small world.

I do carpentry with a medium sized ($150k-$1m+) remodeling co. A crew of 6 and a dozen sub/vendors coming and going. Almost no one wore/wears a mask. I mostly did, but I did before covid. All private residences, and homeowners were all good with how things were done. Our work was unaffected by virus or virus mandates. About September I semi retired. Still do smaller projects. I'd say about half of those I encounter do not mask. I wear a mask indoors where appropriate.

Our restaurants have been open for the most part. I meet friends for lunch 1 or 2 times a month. You have to mask till you get to the table and once there, you don't. The employees mask, per the law. I've had 3 Dentist appointments and 3 Doctor visits. All very masked. My last Dentist trip was normal PPE though. They are clearly over it, they only take temps to start.

My tight circle of friends and family is about 10. Two of those have had it, and with light symptoms. In the larger circle of friends and acquaintances, a dozen or more have caught it. No symptoms more complex than flu fortunately. My old bosses daughter got it twice, first time no symptoms, just got tested as a courtesy.

I have yet to catch covid or take the vax. Recently the older folks I know are starting to get the shot. Reactions have been arm pain and "a little dizzy".

So, other than the politics involved with it, I'd be curious to know how anyone else has been affected. Except for the first month and the mass toilet paper grab, this city seems pretty normal. I don't do anything much different than I used to, but as an old guy I was not all that socially active before.

Looking forward to Spring/Summer and a return somewhat, to normalcy.

Stay safe and healthy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just looked up the latest stats. 511,113 Americans have succumbed to the virus to date. Seems some breeze through it barely noticing they have it and others get nailed well and truly. Frome what I can see it's about how each individuals immune system responds to the virus. Some's immune system just goes crazy and causes big issues for them and then there's the people with underlying issues that the virus magnifies. Pauldaytona has had it and was close to death but has recovered to a large extent but not entirely yet after 8 or 9 months. I've been in a full lockdown 3 times now for various time frames, not much fun but in the grand scheme of things from an historical perspective it's a very minor inconvenience.

Ciao     

• Like 3

We are a well aged population, and more subject to every disease. The media has gone insane over perpetrating  hysteria over the virus. I saw that in the 1 1/2 minutes that I could stand to watch it. I am intentionally immune suppressed, as my transplanted immune system kills cancer but also wants to kill me. I am not the slightest bit worried about the virus - this from someone who may only partially respond to the vaccine, if at all. Worry = lack of peace. My world view teaches that worry indicates a lack of faith. So, I work on that. 

Regarding all of the social and political turmoil, there is not a toilet large enough to flush it all.

• Thanks 1

My best friend contracted it after denying the power of this virus . He lost 30lbs and every day and thought he was going to die . He caught it from his wife and she barely was sick .  After recovering from (his words) the illness of a lifetime , he resumed watching his favorite news channel and has forgotten all he learned from his experience .   

I do NOT waste time with this hot topic because everyone's knowledge (if you want to call it that) comes from news channels only . My wife , step-daughter had it while I was in Ind. working . They had symptoms with hardly any illness . My step-son never caught it . BTW ,the Ind. citizens were responsible the way they were masking up .

I mask up 99% of the time I enter a business . The only thing I KNOW about this virus , I don't want it !

• Like 4

We get our second shot tomorrow. At our advancing (how could that be??) years, we have been erring on the side of caution. We know several people that have had it, some almost died, and a couple of them did. For others, it was almost a non event.

I'm thinking that things may never return to "normal" whatever that is.. but by fall it will be much better. I'm certainly missing rallies. (Guzzi content)

• Like 2
On 2/22/2021 at 5:51 AM, Chuck said:

We get our second shot tomorrow. At our advancing (how could that be??) years, we have been erring on the side of caution. We know several people that have had it, some almost died, and a couple of them did. For others, it was almost a non event.

I'm thinking that things may never return to "normal" whatever that is.. but by fall it will be much better. I'm certainly missing rallies. (Guzzi content)

A few  of my distant family members have had it, none died but a couple of them came very close.I'm still waiting to get my first shot, I scheduled it over 8 weeks ago but March 10th was the soonest I could get..My wife, my youngest Son and I don't go out except to the grocery store or an occasional ride/drive and long early morning walks 4-5 days per week, We always mask up around anyone outside of our 3 way circle and have since last March 13th, We are fine with that,We DON'T WANT IT!   I've got my 70th coming up next year,,,I want to go back to Italy and ride next year. I do miss seeing friends, and riding to the local hang outs in the mountains.  All of this is just a minor inconvenience  in the overall scheme of things in my opinion....We enjoy our home, we enjoy each others company and I have plenty of time to tinker in the shop,I can get any parts I need online fairly fast,  my Wife has a awesome job in tech that hasn't been affected at all by having a home office, and  she has become an outstanding baker and Chief  and gardener, We both like gardening.

Things will be much better...life will go on....Happy to be here!!

• Like 2

Biggest effect?  Canceled my moto trip to Spain last year, and my trip to the Himalaya's this summer is hanging by a thread.

Lucky that I'm a engineer by profession and have been able to work from home no problem.  Personally, I'm very strict on public interactions and so far, so good.   Wife is eligible and scheduled for vaccine at the end of the month.  I'll have to wait a bit.

• Like 2

It's been a weird year. A veritable roller-coaster ride for my work - but managed to stabilize and do better than the worst-case scenario we planned for.

My quarantine project was planting a bunch of fruit trees on the slope behind my house, and putting in some raised garden beds in the side-yard. 

I know several people who have had a hard time with COVID, and several more for whom it felt like a bad cold. My family and I have managed to avoid the virus so far.

I've had a few good small rides on the Stelvio - mostly out to the local fruit stands around Palomar mountain (strapping 25 bags of oranges on the Stelvio for fresh-squeezed OJ at home).  I managed to get the Husky 701 into some snowy single-track, which was my favorite ride of 2020. But the Scura is sadly collecting dust.  My garage is stuffed with things I moved out of my office. Starting to chip away at it so I will have room to work.

• Like 3