Now ,a lot have mentioned " the cold " or a "knockdown , I'm gonna die" event , I have not heard of any women and very few young being hit hard by this virus , only men over 50 . Most have resulted in a loss of taste and smell . What has been your experience ?

I don't usually touch this subject in the wild, but I'll stick this out there. I did a lot of homework, read a lot of medical and white papers and here's what I've discovered. Disclaimer; the Medical Industrial Complex does not endorse this statement.

Melatonin. early research into why age was such a significant contributor to mortality found that Melatonin uses the same ACE-2 receptors that COVID attaches to. Kids have a ton of natural melatonin, after 40 we make far less, and less as we age. Melatonin blocks COVID from attaching. I take 20mg before bed every night; discussing with a friend who has an unspecified congenital lung condition, she and her pulmonologist discovered that 20mg/day of melatonin is actually a known therapy for her condition. I'll save space and tell you that I and a few friends also discovered a marked improvement in lung capacity and ease of breathing after a month. You will feel like a 15 year old kid who sleeps all day for a while. YMMV.

Vitamin D. Get it from the sun if you can. Sweat in the sun and don't wash it off for 3-4 hours. UV rays convert cholesterol in your sweat into Vit-D and you reabsorb that as a lotion; this mechanism is important to know, as the reaction takes place mostly on the surface, not in the skin so if you wash it off you get far less effect. 

Zinc. Zinc kills apparently nearly all viruses. But to do that it must be inside your cell walls, so you need to have a steady appropriate diet. Hydroxychloroquine has been in the news since day 1, but nobody wanted to say why; HCQ is an anti-parasitic, but in an unrelated mechanism chemically transports zinc to inside the cells. Even better, Ivermectin does the same, costs less, can be found everywhere (without prescription if you use veterinary Ivermectin and can do the math on dosage). I have apple-flavored horse Ivermectin, $6. I'll take it only if I get infected, though it has been around for 70 years and has zero side effects.

I use Airborne or Emergen-C daily. Airborne works so provably well that the US Military has a NSN part number for it. 

I'll not be vaccinated under any circumstance, but that's a different and less friendly thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Pressureangle said:

I don't usually touch this subject in the wild, but I'll stick this out there. I did a lot of homework, read a lot of medical and white papers and here's what I've discovered. Disclaimer; the Medical Industrial Complex does not endorse this statement.

Melatonin. early research into why age was such a significant contributor to mortality found that Melatonin uses the same ACE-2 receptors that COVID attaches to. Kids have a ton of natural melatonin, after 40 we make far less, and less as we age. Melatonin blocks COVID from attaching. I take 20mg before bed every night; discussing with a friend who has an unspecified congenital lung condition, she and her pulmonologist discovered that 20mg/day of melatonin is actually a known therapy for her condition. I'll save space and tell you that I and a few friends also discovered a marked improvement in lung capacity and ease of breathing after a month. You will feel like a 15 year old kid who sleeps all day for a while. YMMV.

Vitamin D. Get it from the sun if you can. Sweat in the sun and don't wash it off for 3-4 hours. UV rays convert cholesterol in your sweat into Vit-D and you reabsorb that as a lotion; this mechanism is important to know, as the reaction takes place mostly on the surface, not in the skin so if you wash it off you get far less effect. 

Zinc. Zinc kills apparently nearly all viruses. But to do that it must be inside your cell walls, so you need to have a steady appropriate diet. Hydroxychloroquine has been in the news since day 1, but nobody wanted to say why; HCQ is an anti-parasitic, but in an unrelated mechanism chemically transports zinc to inside the cells. Even better, Ivermectin does the same, costs less, can be found everywhere (without prescription if you use veterinary Ivermectin and can do the math on dosage). I have apple-flavored horse Ivermectin, $6. I'll take it only if I get infected, though it has been around for 70 years and has zero side effects.

I use Airborne or Emergen-C daily. Airborne works so provably well that the US Military has a NSN part number for it. 

I'll not be vaccinated under any circumstance, but that's a different and less friendly thread.

Thanks for the candor (and tact). I'm with you completely on all this but wouldn't have a source for HCQ or Ivermectin. If I contract I'll just ask the Doc for it. What "style/form" of melatonin are you using. I took it long ago for a sleep aid but found that it woke me up about 4 hrs in. I guess I could take it in the morning. Allergies foul my lungs so I look forward to trying this. I take 2000iu D daily since forever, bumped to 3000 the last couple months with the related research. Emergen-C almost daily. Zinc when I feel something coming on.

55 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

+1  :rasta:

Cheers tom

I've read lots about Vit D and have been taking it for the last 6 months. 

I took melatonin for many years to assist with sleep and insomnia but found it useless and could tell no difference taking it or not.  I've not heard about this or zinc being of help with the virus.  I'll look into it but luckily, I've had my shots. 

14 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

with the exception of the vaccination , my wife agreed with all your other points  . Everyone needs to be taking Vitamin D , Zinc , Airborne , Emergen-c , etc . Talk to a good health or vitamin store and don't duplicate .  

P.S. she has had the vaccine , i haven't been captured yet to get mine .....

Business wise (I'm self employed) I had a really crappy 2nd and 3d quarter in 2020. But in October suddenly (new) clients began to call. Everything's going well! 
Next week I will receive the keys to my new home. After 4 years in a small apartment, my GF and I decide to finally stop with the LAT and move in together. We bought a nice roomy house (with a garage! :luigi: ) and we hope to grow old together there.
As for Covid: we had an 'intelligent lockdown' last year and in the summer after the first wave everything loosened up a bit.  But when the second wave came our government decided we had to be at home at 9.00 PM until 4.30 AM. This is still the case. To be honest, apart from closed shops, bars and restaurants an doing the online meetings, my life wasn't very different. We we're allowed to get out on our bike. :) That made up for all the other stuff.  

• Like 6
On 2/25/2021 at 5:19 PM, footgoose said:

Thanks for the candor (and tact). I'm with you completely on all this but wouldn't have a source for HCQ or Ivermectin. If I contract I'll just ask the Doc for it. What "style/form" of melatonin are you using. I took it long ago for a sleep aid but found that it woke me up about 4 hrs in. I guess I could take it in the morning. Allergies foul my lungs so I look forward to trying this. I take 2000iu D daily since forever, bumped to 3000 the last couple months with the related research. Emergen-C almost daily. Zinc when I feel something coming on.

I bought a tube of horse ivermectin (good for 1200lb) on Amazon for $6.00. Apple flavored. The arithmetic isn't hard, but Ivermectin has no side effects or overdose concerns, so you don't have to get to the third decimal on dosage. Since it's off-label usage, there is no quantification for what is effective to my knowledge. I started taking 5mg melatonin by gummies, but have pills also; it doesn't seem to matter what form, although the gummies seem to work faster for sleep if you let them melt in your mouth. I worked my way up to 20mg for about 3 months, but I did discover that I woke more during the night so I backed up to 10mg, where I'm happy now and probably saturated. 

• Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...

So, being a good subserviant renevue source for the government, I lined up and got my two Pfizer injections. I am now in my 3rd week of fevers up to 39C, muscle aches, chest tightness, cough, arthritic joint pain, and blood oxygen down from 99-100% to 88-95%, plus acid reflux and general malaise. Some try to tell me that it's just a coincidence. BS. Anyway full blood work and a hematology visit tomorrow. 

This stuff is not Tylenol/Paracetamol. 

34 minutes ago, po18guy said:

So, being a good subserviant renevue source for the government, I lined up and got my two Pfizer injections. I am now in my 3rd week of fevers up to 39C, muscle aches, chest tightness, cough, arthritic joint pain, and blood oxygen down from 99-100% to 88-95%, plus acid reflux and general malaise. Some try to tell me that it's just a coincidence. BS. Anyway full blood work and a hematology visit tomorrow. 

This stuff is not Tylenol/Paracetamol. 

Your instincts are to be trusted. Not a coincidence. Much info out there on the subject. Do take care sir. I wish you the best.

CDC has an adverse reaction reporting system called VAERS. Do some searches, they don't make it easy to pull up what you're after.

29 minutes ago, footgoose said:

Your instincts are to be trusted. Not a coincidence. Much info out there on the subject. Do take care sir. I wish you the best.

CDC has an adverse reaction reporting system called VAERS. Do some searches, they don't make it easy to pull up what you're after.

After three cancers and a stem cell transplant, the entire past 13 years have been an anomaly.  The immune system transplanted into me is hyper-vigilant, which has lead to 6 years of various immune suppression schemes. I suspect that, were my immune system not suppressed, I might already be on the adverse advents log. 

This is an emergency vaccine that was given the US go-ahead only under emergency conditions. Data is being collected and I am convinced that the truth is being carefully filtered if not completely disregarded in certain cases.  Government does many things very poorly. What they have perfected is obfuscation, half-truths and flat out lies.

I worked in government for 31 years. I did not trust it before I took the job. Nothing in those 31 years changed my opinion.

• Like 2