Tribute to “Greater Love...” Priest

There will be a time when we all will look back on how this coronavirus pandemic has affected us all - some more so than others.

This touching story about Giuseppe Berardelli and his sacrifice for another unknown younger man deserves a fitting tribute. He obviously loved his trusty red Galletto - wouldn’t it be wonderful for Moto Guzzi to aquire and display his pride & joy to their collection? A modern story for these times that will stand for decades to come as a tribute to the selfless priest and his greatest of all love.

I sure would stop and ponder if I ever get to visit Mandello del Lario.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.eternitynews.com.au/world/greater-love-72-year-old-priest-gives-up-his-respirator-to-a-younger-person-and-dies/amp/

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Who knew what was on his mind - but he was certainly aware that the respirator could be used to save another life. As we age, we get tired, and ready to move on from this life. As Saint Paul wrote in his Letter to the Philippians, he longed to leave this world and go to the Father, but he agreed to remain here if there was profitable work (i.e. evangelization) for him to do. And so it may be with Fr. Berardelli.

Eternal rest grant him O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful deputed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. 

• Like 2