Coppa Italia just sold

swooshdave

8 hours ago, Bill Hagan said:

Thanks for asking and suggesting a fix

Bill

From the interwebz:

Exhaust manifold temperatures vary for different vehicles and operating conditions

Manifolds and/or exhaust pipes on some vehicles can reach 1200 degrees F. It is rare to find temperatures this high in normal operation. The hottest locations tend to be those for which there is some constriction or impingement of exhaust gas. For example, a bend in an exhaust manifold tube immediately outside the cylinder will have a surface upon which the exhaust gas has a greater capacity to transfer heat. Exhaust system temperatures will be reduced at any point of contact with cooler components of large thermal mass, such as the cylinder head.

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2020 at 1:19 AM, ScuRoo said:

Do this exercise..

1) Price up all the Öhlins bits

2) Add a little for Aprilia level QC

3) Factory Titanium pipes

4) A little extra for the paint scheme

5) Numbers built - Rarity value

6) Condition & mileage of the remaining usual shared componentry 

7) Sheene’s X factor to round it off - Desirability to Women

...And pays your money

ps. Guarantee whoever stole it for $7000 is laughing with delight!

I am lol. Picking it up later this week. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Randy said:

Post pics. I'm especially interested in the "custom modifications" the PO did.

8 hours ago, Randy said:

Great to hear this and welcome to the forum, Randy!   We will all be waiting to hear how you like it!  Congrats on a great buy.

1 hour ago, Dave Swanson said:

Great to hear this and welcome to the forum, Randy!   We will all be waiting to hear how you like it!  Congrats on a great buy.

I wish I could say it is a new Coppa to the forum but it isn't. It is #9 diverdoggy  - Raleigh, NC from the Coppa Italia list. 2nd Guzzi in the stable after my wife's V7 Stone.

3 hours ago, Randy said:

I wish I could say it is a new Coppa to the forum but it isn't. It is #9 diverdoggy  - Raleigh, NC from the Coppa Italia list. 2nd Guzzi in the stable after my wife's V7 Stone.

Too cool!  Welcome Randy!! And living striking distance to the S'xteenth South'n SpineRaid (or, at leas, a lunch rendezvous on that Saturday at The Tapoco Lodge)!

• Like 1

The Coppas always sold at a premium on the second hand market. Not $15k though. More like 9 or 10. $7k for a real Coppa is a good deal. Especially that one. 

You buy one of these MGs realizing you are probably going to be the last owner of your bike. You don't speculate with these things . I know. 3 fuel tanks , 2 seats , Alpina wheels , 4 pair of slip-ons , Uh I need to stop thinking . 

$15k for the Coppa....... If it were McQueen's ...Yeah .

I don't think he had it , so back to reality . I couldn't put that much in it .

How much was the sticker on it when it was new ?

2 hours ago, gstallons said:

You buy one of these MGs realizing you are probably going to be the last owner of your bike. You don't speculate with these things . I know. 3 fuel tanks , 2 seats , Alpina wheels , 4 pair of slip-ons , Uh I need to stop thinking . 

$15k for the Coppa....... If it were McQueen's ...Yeah .

I don't think he had it , so back to reality . I couldn't put that much in it .

How much was the sticker on it when it was new ?

$14k-ish.

There's a guy locally who was trying to sell one for something like $15k. I could have swore I heard about other ones.

Edit: I was a bit off. I found the old thread and it was $11k and the range seemed to be 7-9k for one. I swear I'm losing it. :ph34r::helmet::blink:

I remember calling Moto Guzzi North America in early summer 2000 when a Cycle World ad showed a brilliant green RedFrame, leaned over in action, and saying $9,999(US).

I couldn't believe they could be available after seeing an image of a black V1l Sport from EICMA 1997 (three years earlier!).

The nice lady on the phone (yeah, yeah, we used phones then. Mine had a coiled wire fastened to the wall. :oldgit:) said, "Oh, yes, they are available in the US. Your dealer has one (er, 125 miles away . . .). But they're not $9,999. $11,999."

That one was already sold, but the silver Sport was under my skin a few weeks later, $11,700US, all up and delivered to my driveway. :thumbsup:

As I recall, prices for V11 really did not seem to change much over the production run, even with the special models (ie:Öhlins).

I feel sure my Sport will be worth that again, someday. :unsure: Like when it gets dug up by archeologists. From another planet. B)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3